Teacher ; Øne

Cleo's Point of View:

"Open it! The suspense is killing me." My younger sister - Grace - pestered.

"Okay, okay. We'll wait until mum and dad come back. I want them to hear it too." I smiled, holding the envelope from Englishtown High.

"I swear, if you don't open this soon, I am going to steal it and read it for myself." Grace smiled.

"They shouldn't be too much longer. They just went to the grocery store to stock up on more food." I told her, as I heard the car pull into the driveway.

Grace rushed out the door to pull them inside so she could hear what the letter said. Grace came rushing through the door, two bags of groceries in her hand as she roughly threw them onto the island counter and jumped up onto the kitchen counter while mum and dad sauntered into the room.

"Grace. I had eggs in one of those bags." Mum commented, seeing the bags that were incautiously thrown onto the counter.

"They're just eggs." Grace shrugged. "Mum and dad are here so open the letter."

I ripped the flap of the envelope off and grabbed the letter from inside. I unfolded it and began reading.

"Dear Miss Cleo Roberts,

First of all, I would like to thank you for showing interest in this role and applying for it. It was a difficult choice to choose what teacher would best benefit our school. I hope that I haven't made the wrong choice.

Second of all, I would like to congratulate you, Miss Cleo Roberts, of obtaining the contract position Art Teacher at our school. I welcome you to the team and am positive that you will help benefit this school gratefully. Your resume highly impressed me and showed me that you clearly have an interest in Art. You should be proud of your achievements and any opportunities that come your way.

As with housing, that responsibility is up to you to decide where you'll be staying and although there is accommodation available to school staff, I cannot guarantee there'll be accommodation available at this point in time. I will be sure to inform you of any accommodation changes.

Once again, it is with my pleasure to welcome you to Englishtown High and hope you will enjoy it here.

Mrs Valerie Andrews."

"OMG! You got in! I knew they wouldn't reject you." Grace squealed as she hugged me.

"Congratulations sweetie, I'm so proud of you." Mum smiled, joining in the hug.

"I knew you could do it Cee." Dad said, hugging me as well.

"Oh my god, I can't believe that I actually got accepted!" I grinned, jumping up and down on the spot.

"So, are you going to stay here during the school year or find a place in Englishtown?" Dad asked, as my family pulled away from the group hug.

"Well, I have a friend who's currently living there so I'll see if she has an extra room available. But if not, then I'll stay here with you guys if that's no trouble." I replied, placing the letter down on the table.

"Of course not, that won't be a problem if you want to say here." Mum reassured.

"Okay, well I'll call Maria to see if I could stay with her." I said.

I walked up to my room and grabbed my phone which currently charging. I unlocked it and called Maria.

"Hey stranger." She greeted.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm good thanks, how are you?" She replied.

"I'm good but I actually called to ask you something."

"Okay, what's the question?"

"Well, I am now teaching art at Englishtown High-"

"Oh my god! Congratulations. that's so great to hear."

"And I calling to ask if you had a spare room available so I could crash with you for the school year?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Of course you can crash at mine, that's not a problem. I mean, you can come down as soon as you want because I'm not planning on having any visitors anytime soon."

"Oh thank you. I probably won't come down for like another or so because I have to pack and everything."

"No problem, I can't wait to see you."

"Yeah, okay seeya soon."

"Seeya."

I hung up the phone and took it back with me. Mum was busy making lunch for us while dad was reading the newspaper and Grace was watching Dance Moms on Netflix.

"I have a place to stay!" I announced.

"Did Maria have a spare room?" Mum asked, flipping pancakes.

"Yeah, I told her that I won't be down there immediately just so I can pack what I need." I replied, taking a seat down near the kitchen counter.

"Just know that you are always welcome to come back here if any issues occur, I mean, its only about a half an hour drive from here to Englishtown." Mum commented.

"Mum, its not like I'm moving out forever even though I probably should." I laughed.

"Hun, you're only twenty two, it would be fine for you to stay here and you would keep Grace company." She smiled.

"Hey!" Grace exclaimed from the couch.

"Its okay Grace, we know you don't have any friends." I joked, as I spun around to see Grace.

"I know, I have BEST friends. Besides, how many of your friends do you actually keep in touch with?" Grace said as she stuck out her tongue.

"I actually keep in touch with my best friends from high school." I said as Mum handed me a plate of pancakes.

"At least I don't have to wait for you to finish using the bathroom anymore because we all know how much time you spend in the shower." Grace commented as Mum handed her pancakes.

"At least I don't have to listen to your dreadful singing when you're in the shower." I smiled.

"It is socially acceptable to sing in the shower, there is nothing wrong with it." Grace argued.

"I will definitely not miss your arguing and sassiness." Mum chuckled as she ate her pancakes.

°¯ᴥ¯° °¯ᴥ¯° °¯ᴥ¯° °¯ᴥ¯°

Authors Note:

Hopefully, you enjoyed reading the first chapter, I know it's not the best but I honestly suck at beginning a book but I hope that it will get better over time.

Check out my socials:

Instagram: moobearxoxo

Twitter: moobearxoxo

And that PRETTYMUCH is the first chapter :-)