Teacher ; Ñinë

Cleo's Point Of View:

Unknown Number:

Cleo?

I quickly grabbed my phone and began to type a reply.

Cleo:
who is this?

I turned off my phone and placed it back on the table. I went to continue my drawing but as soon as I picked up my pencil, I lost my train of thought. I'll just reply to the text later. I looked at my watch and thought it was time to just walk around the room to look at the students work.

Some of the students in this class were very talented while some weren't as good but they at least had a go. I walked around the edge where Nick was sitting, I quickly glanced over at his work and it was just as impressive as the paintings in his room. He noticed I was looking as I began to walk away from him.

Out of all the people in the world, why did I have to sleep with Nick, my student?

I finished doing my lap around the students as I returned to the table where I was sitting and continued to do some more of my drawing before one of the girls in the class asked me a question.

"Hey Miss, do you have a boyfriend?" She asked, blonde hair cascading down her back.
"Umm, no," I replied, sitting to face her. "Why do you ask?"
"Don't worry Miss, they do this all the time to new teachers." The boy in glasses sitting next to Nick smiled.
"You're so pretty! How do you not have a boyfriend?" The blonde stated, flipping some hair over her shoulder.
"I guess I just haven't found the right guy, I did have a boyfriend in high school through to my first year in college." I told them.
"Oooh, what was his name?" She asked, dropping her art supplies and resting her chin on her hand.
"His name's Luke," I replied, crossing my legs and resting my hands on the desk.
"Do you have any pictures of him?" She asked again.
"No, I don't," I answered.
"I could imagine you two looking cute together." She smiled.

I unintentionally looked over in the direction of Nick, who was gripping his pencil hard and a jealous expression on his face.

"What about you? Georgia, I believe. Do you have a partner?" I asked her.
"Yeah Georgia, but currently I don't have one. None of the guys here fit my standards." She sassily replies, flipping hair over her shoulder.
"Maybe if you lower your standards, you might find someone perfect for you. Love isn't always going to throw itself in your direction, you need to have the patience to allow it to find you. The perfect guy could be right under your nose and you would never know." I told her.
"It's just, no one here takes an interest in me." She explained.
"Maybe they're just too intimidated by your personality that they're nervous to talk to you. I mean, you come off as a very confident person and it's not a bad thing." I smiled.
"Thanks Miss, you seem like a really nice and chill teacher." She smiled back.
"Haha, I try to be." I joke as I flip my hair.

Eventually the bell rang and the students began to exit the classroom, leaving their artworks on the desk. After they left, I went around and piled them all up; allowing any wet artworks to dry in the drying rack.

I grabbed my stuff and began to lock up when I heard my phone went off.

Unknown Number:

You saw me today. That's all I want to say.

Cleo:

who is this?                                  

 Unknown Number:             

If I tell you, you won't look at me the same.

Cleo:
i'm this close to blocking you. Just tell me who this is!                              

Unknown Number:            

Please don't block me, if I tell you who I am.                                                   Promise? 🙁

Cleo:

I just want to know who this is...                                  

Unknown Number:

Okay then.                                                            

It's Nick    

You should know me by now. You know, considering I'm like your student that you accidentally slept with.

Cleo:

You really shouldn't be texting me....Also, I really shouldn't have slept with you if I knew you were a student...        

Nick:
Do you regret it?
Regret sleeping with me?
I know I shouldn't be texting you but there's just something about you...

I can't stop thinking about you

Cleo:
Nick, you shouldn't be telling me this nor should you be texting me. I can't answer that.

I turned my phone off and slid it into my jean pocket. I took a deep sigh and then walked out of the art room, locking it once I left. I headed towards the staffroom where all the other teachers were sitting and having a snack.

—- a couple days later —-

Over the last few days, I still had Nick sending me texts. If me telling him to not text me through text isn't working, face to face would hopefully work. Hopefully.

I had the Year 12's for Art before lunch today, and then after the lesson is when I can talk to Nick. That is if he's here today which I hope he is.

After the break bell rang, I had the Year 12's make their way into the art room and proceeded to sit down. Once everyone had come in, I went and marked the role. Luckily for me, Nick was here.

I told the class to just continue on their work from Monday's lesson and I heard my phone vibrate on the table.

Nick:

You look beautiful today ☺️

When I looked up from my phone, I saw Nick still holding his phone in his hand.

"Nick, give me your phone. You can get it back after the lesson." I said as I walked over to him holding my hand out.
"But Miss-" He began.
"You can get it back after the lesson." I told him as he reluctantly handed me his phone.
"But I wasn't even on it." He argued.
"You can get it back after the lesson," I repeated.

°¯ᴥ¯° °¯ᴥ¯° °¯ᴥ¯° °¯ᴥ¯°
Authors Note

Dun, Dun, Dun! What's going happen after the lesson? Comment what you think is gonna happen 🙂. Sorry for the delay but I've finally uploaded

Also, if you notice any PRETTYMUCH lyrics, comment where they are and what song they're from and you'll get a dedication in the next chapter.

Check out my socials:
Instagram: MooBearxoxo

And that is PRETTYMUCH the ninth chapter :-)