Teacher ; Thïrtēēñ

Nick's Point Of View

"Oh my god, Nick!" A feminine voice called out, but it wasn't the one I wanted to hear. "You're amazing!"
"Oh, thanks." I say, scratching the back of my neck.
"No, but like seriously. Amazing!" Alexys commented, pulling out a seat from a table placed in front of me.
"What are you doing up here anyway?" I ask her, stepping off the stage.
"I could ask you the same question." She smiled, patting a spot next to her for me to sit down.
"I'm actually waiting for someone, and you?" I replied, sitting down next to her.
"I always go up here after my shift, just to chill out really." She told me, resting her forearms on the table. "So who are you waiting for?"
"Someone." I briefly answered.
"And who is this someone?" She asked, her hands placed on her chin and elbows on the table.
"Someone you don't know." I joked, leaning back into the cream coloured seat.
"Is it a female?" She asked, a smile showing on her face.
"It is." I told her.
"Ooh, was that what you were doing on your phone? Were you texting her?" She smiled.
"Yes, I was texting her." I responded, pulling out my jacket from my bag as it started to become cooler.
"Who is she? What's her name? Does she go to your school?" Alexys persisted with questions.
"Wait a minute." I told her as I reached in my bag for my phone.

I unlocked it and pulled up my texts. Nothing from Cleo, at least not yet. I slipped it back into my pocket and looked at her.

"Hasn't texted you?" She asked.
"Yeah, no reply." I answered, running a hand through my hair then placing it on the table.
"Well, you've got me to keep you company." She smiled, her hand now resting on mine. "What's this girl like?"
"She's beautiful, stunning, gorgeous. She's just amazing." I smiled.
"Someone sounds whipped." She laughed.
"You could say that." I grinned as I rested my other arm on the table.
"As I asked before, what's her name? Does she go to your school? How did you meet?" She repeated, pulling out stray orange threads from her sweater.
"I met her at a club-" I began before getting cut off.
"You got into a club?" She commented.
"Yes, Zion got us fake ID's and they worked. But as I was saying, I met her at a club before school went back and we ended up back at mine, but she does go to my school." I explained.
"Still can't believe they let you in a club, you look like you're still in middle school." She teased, giggling at the end.
"Shut up." I smiled, lightly slapping her arm.
"You said that you both went to yours, did you do stuff?" She asked, her hand lightly gripping mine on the table.
"That's for me to know, and for you to never find out," I smirked. "But anyway, enough about me. Anyone caught your eye?"
"There's a few people." She said with a sparkle in her eye.
"Names?" I asked her.
"You didn't give me any names so I don't have to give you any." She stuck her tongue out.

My phone buzzed in my pocket as I immediately pulled it out, only to be shown a text from my mum.

Mom:
Your father and I are going to bed. Make sure to lock up when you come home. X

"Was that her?" Alexys asked.
"No, just my mom." I lightly sighed.
"I haven't seen your mom in ages. How's she doing?" She smiled.
"Yeah, she's doing good. How're your folks?" I asked her.
"They're doing good too, mom got a new job at the bank. She quit working at the bar, they weren't paying her well and the boss was just a bit sketchy." She answered.

Alexys and I always used to have sleepovers when we were kids. We became friends in kindergarten when one of the girls stole Alexys' barbie doll and threatened to throw it into a tree. I stepped in trying to be the superhero because I was obsessed with superheroes when I was four and tried to save the damsel in distress. The girl did end up throwing the doll into the tree and I climbed up to retrieve it then ended up getting stuck. We'd always been friends but we sort of drifted apart more in our first year of middle school and then later that year, broke the news that she was moving schools and going to a private school in the next town, but we still saw each other when our schools played against each other during football and basketball matches. When she started working at Reggie's, our friendship started to grow stronger again.

"Oh my god, do you remember that time when I slept over at yours when we were like nine or ten, and when your mom told me that my mom was picking me up, we decided to hide from them so I could stay for longer?" She grinned at the memory.
"Yes! I remember that, and we first hid in the laundry inside the hamper, and we could just fit. And then we'd run away if we heard our parents walk past." I smiled.
"I miss those days. Childhood used to be the best." She stated, tightening her ponytail.
"It was, I know school just got back but it won't be long before you're drilled with assignments and have a homework overload." I said.
"I know, but just think, this is our final year and then we're done with school." She smiled.

Alexys and I continued talking for a while until I pulled out my phone and realised that it was already almost ten. Cleo still hadn't shown up and left, I guess. I took that as my sign to leave plus it was getting late, I said seeya to Alexys and then walked to my car to drive home.

I just wished that Cleo had come instead of Alexys.

°¯ᴥ¯° °¯ᴥ¯° °¯ᴥ¯° °¯ᴥ¯°
Authors Note

Sorry for a delay in updates, I've just been so busy and stressed with schoolwork that I haven't had time to continue writing what I used to have of this chapter. Hopefully, I'll start updating this more, plus I've got another book on the way which I plan on starting as well.

Also, this chapter is a bit of a filler but shows you Nickand Alexys' relationship.

Do you think Cleo ever showed up to the rooftop? Do you think she just left? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Attached is Alexys' outfit after she finished her shift..

Noticed any PRETTYMUCH lyrics? comment where they are and what song they're from and you'll get a dedication in the next chapter.

Check out my socials:
Instagram: MooBearxoxo
Musical.ly: MooBearxoxo (trying to be more active on it
Twitter: MooBearxoxo
I'm always down for a chat 🙂

Don't forget to:
Vote ⭐️
Comment 💬
Share ↪️ (don't know what emoji to put 😛)
Follow 👤✔️

And that is PRETTYMUCH the thirteenth chapter :-)