Teacher ; Ševeñ

Cleo's Point of View:

During the time while students were arriving at school, I was meeting all the staff and getting to know everyone. It was currently five to nine and Valerie stood up in front of the other teachers.

"Can I just say, I am so proud that I am going to be surrounded by some of the best teachers this year. I am glad we have some new faces and hope that you enjoy your time here. Cheers to a new year." She smiled as brushed her hands on her skirt.
"Cheers." The teachers spoke.

The bell rang as soon as it hit nine on the clock, we followed Valerie to the school auditorium where we sat on the seats next to the wall and the students slowly started filling up the auditorium.

Once all the students were in, Valerie held her hand in the air signifying the students to be quiet.

"Hello and welcome all. Welcome to a new year at Englishtown High and I hope that you enjoy it." She began.

She had a spiel about all the exciting events that are expected to happen, she introduced the staff for the new year and then explained how today was going to work. The first block and lesson after recess where to be used for class introductions and getting settled for the year. The last two blocks were the normal lesson structure.

"I hope everyone will have a great year at Englishtown. Classes are now to meet at their homerooms to start the day and your schedules will be given out there. For those fellow staff that are not occupied with any morning jobs will have time to organise any lesson materials needed for either today's lessons or future lessons. Thank you." She concluded as everyone started to applaud and proceeded to leave the auditorium.

Once the students left, the staff were next to leave with quite a few teachers leaving to go to various homerooms. I, however, had time to plan any lessons I had today as I was not with any home groups. I walked towards the staffroom where a handful of teachers were sitting on the lounges engaged in conversation.

I went up to the staff notice board and saw the semester lesson plans for teachers who had not collected theirs. I sorted through them to find mine which I unclipped when I found it.

I ran my finger down the Monday column when I found I had the lesson after lunch with the Year 12s. I folded it neatly and placed it in my handbag which was sitting in the teacher 'Mail Box'. The 'Mail Box' was an organiser made of wood which was built into one of the walls, it was sectioned off into small areas that had labels to tell which one is yours.

"Cleo." A feminine voice said.
I turned around and saw the receptionist from earlier, "Amanda, right?"
"Yeah, I just printed off some documents for you and wanted to deliver them to you." She smiled, pushing the bridge of her glasses higher on her nose.
"Oh, thank you," I said, as she handed me the documents.
"So these are a map of the school in case you get lost, a booklet about the town so like opening and closing times for shops and everything, some forms you need to sign, class lists for your lessons, and this I didn't print but it's basically a calendar cross journal thing so it's easy for you to keep organised." She explained.
"Okay, thank you." I smiled as I adjusted my grip on the documents.
"Well, just let me know if you need anything else." She smiled as she made her way back to her desk.
"I will, thank you once again." I smiled, then placing the paper on top of my handbag.

I began to make myself some tea and then joined the fellow teachers on the lounge.

"Hi Cleo, I'm Keenan Jacoway. I'm the biology teacher." Keenan introduced, standing up and holding his hand out.
"Hey, I'm Cleo, as you already know, and I'm the art teacher." I smiled, shaking his hand.
"Adrian Haddock, the history teacher." A guy in his twenties spoke.
"Hey, I'm Penelope Sanders and I'm a music teacher." She smiled, standing up to give me a hug.
"I'm Henrianne Umana and I'm the health teacher." She smiled as she shook my hand.

Keanan seemed to look as though he was in his early thirties. He had neatly parted dark brown hair and was wearing a plaid button-up shirt which was neatly tucked in some flared tan trousers. He had some light stubble along his jawline.

Adrian looked like he was in his late twenties. He had tan skin which matched with his dirty blond hair styled in a neat man-bun and green eyes. He had on a tightly fitted plain black shirt with denim blue trousers. He seemed like a chilled out person.

Penelope had dark red haired styled in a simple braid with a black headband. She had chocolate brown eyes and a natural face of makeup. She wore a white blouse tucked into a plain black pencil skirt with tights underneath and black sneakers.

Henrianne has almost platinum blonde hair that suited her olive skin tone amazingly. Her hair was styled in a delicate ballerina bun sitting perfectly on top of her head. She had on a red long-sleeved mid-length dress with a floral print and white ballerina-like flats.

"Nice to meet you all." I smiled as I sat down next to Henrianne.
"It's nice to meet you too. Oh, and welcome to Englishtown High, I'm sure you'll love it." Penelope smiled, taking a sip from her coffee mug.
"Yeah, I'm looking forward to teaching here. How long have you guys been teaching here for?" I asked everyone.
"Almost ten years," Keanan spoke.
"Five, six years," Adrian replied.
"Only three years, but I love it here." Penelope smiled.
"Believe or not, I'm the same as Keanan," Henrianne answered.
"No way, but you look so young." I smiled.
"Yeah, it's true. We started teaching here in the same year." Keanan added.

°¯ᴥ¯° °¯ᴥ¯° °¯ᴥ¯° °¯ᴥ¯°
Authors Note

I know not much happened in the chapter once again but Nick will appear in the next chapter, hopefully 🙂.

Also, if you notice any PRETTYMUCH lyrics, comment where they are and what song they're from and you'll get a dedication in the next chapter.

I've also published a new book called The Book Of Randomess and would love it if you checked it out. It's basically for short stories, extracts, sneak peeks etc. but feel free to check it out.

Check out my socials:
Twitter: MooBearxoxo
Instagram: MooBearxoxo

And that is PRETTYMUCH the seventh chapter :-)