Teacher ; Twęłvë

Nick's Point Of View:

"Nicholas Mara! Get off your phone, you're supposed to be working." Angelina snapped with her thick Italian accent.
"It's just Nick. And I am." I answered, slipping my phone into my pocket.
"At least make it look like you're working instead of slacking off," Alexys says as she drops off some empty dishes into the kitchen.
"I am working, but I finish soon anyway." I joked, chucking a towel over my shoulder.
"Not if I keep you working for longer," Angelina smirked, chopping up some vegetables.
"But you won't because you love me." I stuck my tongue out and began attending to tables.

I walked over to a table that needed clearing and of course, it was the table behind Cleo. While I was stacking plates, I couldn't help but listen in on the conversation.

"Are you gonna do it?" Her friend asked.
"I don't know Maria," Cleo replied with a deep sigh.
"How do you feel about him?" Maria asked.
"I just can't look at him in any other way apart from the fact that he's my student." She responded.

I finished stacking the plates and walked them back to the kitchen. I grabbed the cleaning supplies and went back to the table behind Cleo's, listening in again.

"If he weren't a student, then maybe I would have started something with him," Cleo spoke.
"I know that this could lead to a complicated relationship but I just want you to follow your heart. If it feels right then it's meant to be, I know it's hard considering you only spent one night with him but maybe you need to hang out with him again." Maria said.
"I don't know if that's the right thing to do." She said.
"You'll never know if you don't go," Maria said.

I finished cleaning the table and brought the supplies back into the kitchen. I looked at the clock to see how much longer I had to work, only thirty more minutes.

"Order up!" One of the chefs called. "Table twenty."
"On it," I called out, seeing as table twenty was in my area.

I grabbed the plates and headed to table twenty, the table where Cleo and Maria were at.

"Okay, so the ravioli burnt butter sage?" I said to the ladies.
"Yep, thank you," Cleo said as I placed the dish in front of her.
"And your tortellini boscaiola," I said, placing it in front of Maria.
"Thank you." She smiled.
"You're welcome. When you've finished your meals just head over to the front of house and pay there. We hope you have a wonderful meal here at Reggie's." I smiled as I walked back into the kitchen.

It wasn't long before my shift would be over, while in the kitchen I grabbed a piece of paper towel and a sharpie that was in the stationary pot.

I placed the towel on a bench that wasn't being used and started writing on it.

'Finished my shift, meet me upstairs once you've finished. Please? :-)
- N'

I quickly scrunched the towel into a ball and shoved it in my pant pocket before anyone saw. I placed the sharpie back and went into the staff office. I grabbed my bag from the bag hooks and chucked it on the couch. I took off the waiter apron and put it in my section, hanging it around the hook next to my bag hook.

I grabbed my time book from the desk and filled it out, and placed it back on the desk. The clock in the room ticked over to eight and I grabbed my bag then left the room.

"Seeya guys, see ya, Angelina," I said waving as I walked through the kitchen.
"Have a good one Nick." Some of the chefs said.
"Bye Nick, I'll see you Saturday." Angelina waved.

As I walked out of the kitchen, I grabbed the paper towel from my pocket and placed it on Cleo's table where I saw it was just her. I walked towards the stairs that led to upstairs, as I was walking up I saw her open the paper towel and read it. I didn't see her facial expression as I already reached the top of the restaurant.

The rooftop was the second storey of the restaurant which is occasionally opened during special occasions or on busy nights. The edge had a rustic black railing that was wrapped around with green vines. The open bar was in the far corner with warm fairy lights loosely hanging from the white framework. The stage adjacent to the bar was currently empty with only a microphone stand and the light boxes positioned to focus on the singer. Tables for four were nearly spread across the area with the umbrellas wrapped closed.

I made my way towards the bar and placed my bag down on one of the empty bar stools. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and unlocked it. I opened the text messages and sent one to my mom.

Nick:
Might be a bit late. Busy night tonight, I'll let you know when I'm able to leave 🙂

Mom:

Okay 👍🏼Don't stay out too late

I slipped my phone back into my pocket and made my way towards the stage. I knew it was going to be a while before Cleo would come, that is if she decides to come up. So I decided to do something to pass the time. I walked onto the stage and placed one hand on the mic with the other on the stand.

There was just something about singing that made me feel at peace and relaxed.

"I caught you watching me under the light, can I be your line?" I started singing.

I know no one was in the crowd, but it wasn't hard to imagine that there was. It didn't take me long to get lost in the song but it wasn't until after the song where I realised that there was someone clapping.

°¯ᴥ¯° °¯ᴥ¯° °¯ᴥ¯° °¯ᴥ¯°
Authors Note

CLIFFHANGER!!! Sorry for the delay in this as sometimes I go to write this but end up having writer's block so I put it on hold for a few days but I hope you enjoy this chapter, plus it's in Nick's pov again. But comment on who you think it is that is clapping.

Also, WE HIT ONE THOUSAND READS!!! 😁 thank you to those reading 🙂

Attached is Nick singing King by Years & Years. 😍😍💗💗 enjoy his beautiful voice

Noticed any PRETTYMUCH lyrics? comment where they are and what song they're from and you'll get a dedication in the next chapter.
Dedication: dxlxnxy for correctly guessing the song No More

Check out my socials:
Instagram: MooBearxoxo
Musical.ly: MooBearxoxo (trying to be more active on it
Twitter: MooBearxoxo
I'm always down for a chat 🙂

Don't forget to:
Vote ⭐️
Comment 💬
Share ↪️ (don't know what emoji to put 😛)
Follow 👤✔️

And that is PRETTYMUCH the twelfth chapter :-)