Quince

I heard the door open and I looked up to see daddy entering the room. Noah had fallen asleep behind me with his arms wrapped around me.

  "Daddy!" I whispered happily. He smiled at me and then smiled at Noah all cuddled into me. 

  "Noah seems very tuckered out," Daddy said. I nodded and laughed.

  Daddy lifted me up into his arms gently, hugging me tightly and kissing my cheek. "Were you good for Noah?" He asked me. I nodded and smiled big.

  He ruffled my hair. "Good. I think you deserve a treat," he said as he pulled out a smoothie from behind his back.

  I squealed and took the smoothie, sucking on it quickly. I loved smoothies, especially the strawberry banana ones from McDonald's, like the one I was holding right now. "Thank you Daddy!" I said happily.

  "You're welcome. But be careful. It's not in a sippy cup or a bottle. Can you go sit down at the table while you drink it?" He asked me softly. I nodded and carefully carried the smoothie into the kitchen, setting it on the table and then climbing into a chair.

  I watched as daddy gently shook Noah awake, calling his name out in a musical voice.

  Noah blinked a few times and then smiled when he saw my daddy.

  "Hi," Noah said cheekily to my daddy. Daddy whispered a hi back.

  "Thank you for taking care of September. I really appreciate it," Daddy told Noah. Noah nodded at him and smiled.

  "When are we going to tell him?" Noah asked my daddy.

  "After he finishes that smoothie," daddy replied. Daddy then turned to me, "Are you wet little one?" He asked. I shook my head and continued sucking on the smoothie.

  Daddy came over and lifted me up and placed me into my high chair, setting the smoothie on the tray. "I'm gonna make some hamburgers for us," daddy told me.

Noah ran a hand through his hair and sat down at the table in the seat across from me, smiling at me tiredly.

"Can I have pickles and mustard on my hamburger daddy?" I asked. Daddy scrunched up his nose and shook his head laughing.

"As gross as that sounds, yes you can," he replied.

"Can I have that also?" Noah asked. "And cheese?" He added. Daddy laughed and nodded at Noah, smiling at him.

"I've got some weird ones, don't I?" He whispered to himself.

*****
Daddy set the hamburger in front of me, and then sat down really close next to Noah.

They started eating their burgers so I started to eat mine too. Except I was a little messier.

There was mustard dripping down my face and I didn't have a napkin. "Daddy!" I yelled, interrupting Noah.

Daddy gave me a stern look but asked me what I wanted anyway.

"Napkin," I said, clapping my hands. Noah put his hand on daddy's shoulder and said he'd get it. He got up and got a napkin and wiped my face off.

"Tank ou Noah," I whispered. Noah kissed my nose.

"You're welcome, Sephy."

I finished my hamburger and started to drink some of my smoothie to make my stomach not feel so hot.

After sucking a little bit, I realized that the smoothie was gone. But I didn't want it to be gone. I picked up the cup and threw it on the ground, kicking my feet.

"September?" Daddy groaned, wondering why I was in a sudden mood. "Maybe you should go to bed now," he told me. I shook my head and kicked my feet again.

"Uppies!" I whined. I hated the high chair.

Noah stood there not knowing what to do and watched me flail around.

Daddy threw his plate in the trash and walked up to me and grabbed my wrists, forcing me to look at him. "Knock it off. I don't know what's gotten into you but it needs to stop."

"Sowwy Daddy," I replied. Daddy took me out of the high chair and started to carry me up the stairs. Noah followed behind silently.

Daddy set me down in my crib and locked the side in place.

"But I always sleep with you," I whined.

"Well tonight's not always, Seph. Noah's staying the night tonight." Daddy turned to Noah and whispered, "We will tell him tomorrow instead."

Daddy turned and kissed my forehead before he harshly told me to go to bed.

As daddy left, Noah leaned over the crib and kissed my cheek. "Sweet dreams, bug," he whispered to me. I smiled at his sweetness.

"Nigh' nigh' Noah," I whispered back as he left the room.

"Wait!" I cried out loudly. Noah turned around to look at me. Tears had started falling down my face.

  "What, bug?" He asked me.

  "M-my stuffie," I stuttered. "It's in daddy's woom," I whined. Noah nodded and left the room before returning with the stuffed. He slipped it into my hands, kissed my forehead and began to leave again.

  "Are you Okay now?" He asked me as he stood in the doorway.

  I nodded, clutching my stuffie tight. Noah turned off the lights and shut the door.

  I was afraid of the dark and he had just left me in the dark.

  I kicked my mobile and the soft music came from it as it spun.

  Eventually, the music was able to lull me to sleep.

I know this is also not that entertaining of a chapter. The next should be better. Don't know when I'll post the next though. Hopefully soon.

Sephy has an attitude. Tyler's got a temper. Why do you think this is?