Cuarenta

Light shone in my face and my eyes fluttered open. I yawned and rolled over, tugging the blankets tighter around me. I hated mornings and this one happened to be the worst one by far.

As I shuffled around in bed I felt my hand touch something and I opened my eyes to find my phone resting there. The screen displayed that Noah had ended the call about two hours prior to my awakening. It also showed that he had texted me, telling me that I could call him whenever but he may not pick up due to the reunion today at four.

A knock at the door startled me and I ended up knocking my phone off the bed. As I leaned over the bed to reach it, the door opened.

"I hope I didn't wake you," Tyler said quickly, rushing towards the corner of the room where a pile of his clothes lay. "I just need to grab a few things."

  "Are you leaving?" I asked weakly, rubbing my eyes and clutching my phone in my hand.

  "Yeah," he replied sadly. "It's your apartment and I didn't think you'd want me living here anymore."

  "Do you have a place to stay?"

  "Uh, yeah, my friend Tom's letting me stay at his until I find my own place," he responded, tucking my favorite of his shirts under his arm.

  I brought my knees to my chest and gripped the sheets tightly with my left hand. "I'm gonna miss you," I admitted. A pained look crossed Tyler's face and he nodded at me before he left my room quickly.

  I could hear the front door slam shut and tears welled up in my eyes again. I was officially alone.

  I wanted to call Noah again but I didn't want to intrude on his family time and considering the situation, it probably wouldn't be the best idea either.

I wouldn't be able to avoid telling him as I had promised him yesterday that I would tell him today, but at least I could avoid it for now.

I opened the dresser next to the guest bed and pulled out an orange and green pacifier that had a little lion on it. Tyler had bought it for me around the time we had first started talking over the internet, before we'd ever even met in person.

He'd given it to me the day we'd met. Maybe we could have been something that day, too. Something more, anyway. If he hadn't of been with Lena, that is.

But I guess we were never really meant for each other. Or maybe I'm just not made for anyone.

I slipped the pacifier into my mouth and laid my head against the pillow, setting my phone on the bedside table. I pressed the on button on the remote and watched the TV come to life, displaying Spongebob almost instantly, as if the universe knew that that was what I needed.

I tried my best to let my mind focus on Spongebob. I tried my hardest to regress so that I wasn't thinking about how alone I was.

But it didn't work.

I threw the remote out of rage and pulled the covers over my head, letting out a whine that nobody would hear, but hoping someone would.

My phone chose that moment to buzz and I tossed the covers off of my head to check the cause of it, finding that Noah had texted again.

It's raining here today so the reunion was moved to 6. Wanna talk now?

The first thing I noticed was that he had asked me if I wanted to talk versus telling me he wanted to. I was also surprised he hadn't reminded me of my promise to tell him today, something Tyler probably would have done out of eagerness to know.

Instead of responding to Noah's text I lifted up my phone and called him.

He was quick to pick up.

"September?" His voice rang out into the quiet room, reminding me of how alone I was. I couldn't remove that fact from my mind.

"Hi Noah," I mumbled.

"Are you ready to talk about what happened last night?" He asked cautiously.

"Yeah, I guess," I said, rubbing my arm.

"Okay, whenever you're ready, I'm listening," He assured me.

I took a deep breath as I decided how I would tell him. Since he was, in a way, a factor of the whole situation and it's outcome, I wondered how exactly I would explain it to him and I was curious as to how he would respond.

"Well, Tyler broke up with me," I stated bluntly, surprised at the lack of tears in my eyes. I guess saying it enough times in my mind helped it to not hurt so bad this time.

Noah stayed silent and I hoped that just meant to continue, so I did.

"He said he was a bad daddy and therefore a bad boyfriend. He wants better for me. Apparently you helped him come to that conclusion and apparently he thinks you're the better option," I explained in a summed up version of the truth.

"He also moved out this morning," I added, thinking for a second to see if I had covered everything.

After a few moments of silence, Noah realized that I was done talking and finally spoke up.

"I hope you know I wasn't trying to hurt you. I was trying to help you. I never told him to break up with you, I just told him he could improve as a daddy/ boyfriend. I'm not saying I can't either, but I think some of what he did was worse than it should have been. I love you, Seph," he explained.

"I get it," I whispered in reply.

"You said Tyler implied that I was a more viable option?" He asked.

"He didn't imply it, he said so," I corrected, raising a brow at his unexpected question.

"Yeah, sorry, I'm just confused as to why he said it. I would have thought he'd have took the opportunity to make me into a bad person. Everyone does," He admitted. I could hear a faded knock in the background and then Noah's voice,

"Hey, I've gotta go. I'll text you when we can talk again. Sorry to have to leave you alone at the house. Hopefully I'll see you in two days," Noah drawled. "I love you," he added before quickly hanging up.

"I love you too," I whispered into the empty air, letting myself fall back onto the bed.

Maybe I wasn't so alone.

A lot of you hate Noah and I apologize for how this turned out. No this is not the end yet. I dunno how many more chapters there will be until the end or how it will end. I didn't really plan this book out. I started it a LONG time ago and didn't expect so many votes, but I appreciate them and I appreciate you guys.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been busy with school for the most part and now that it's summer I would have thought it would be easier but there is a lot of stuff im busy with this summer. The next four weeks I'm basically booked.

I'll try to update as soon as possible. I love you guys 💕
Hope you enjoyed the chapter😊

  Also thank you guys so much for 6k votes and for 400 followers!