Veintiseis

I will admit I was quite disappointed when we entered the bug exhibit. Not that it wasn't a good exhibit, but there were few people there-

  Which made me sad. Did people not love the little buggies?

  I let daddy pull me over to the first set of cages/ boxes, Noah being tugged as well since he finally decided to hold daddy's hand.

  "This is a Ailanthus Webworm moth," Daddy stated, pointing at the orange, black, and white bug inside.

  I quickly moved my gaze to the next cage, avoiding the oddly creepy stair of the Alien Worm thing.

  "Daddy, What is this one?" I asked, staring in at the tiny black and orange fluff ball that was moving towards a lone leaf at the other side of his (or her) cage.

  "That's a caterpillar," daddy replied.

  "It's cute," Noah said what I was thinking.

  Daddy nodded in agreement and led us through a section of cages that were strictly bee types. I had seen most of the bees that were in the cages, but there was one that, though it scared me, piqued my interest.

  "American Pelecinid Wasp," Daddy read off the oddly shaped bees cage.

  "It looks kind of like a flying scorpion," Noah stated. I had to agree with him. It looked like it had a stinger attached to its bum.

  Then we came to a section of bugs that I had never seen before.

  There were centipedes, Assassin bugs, Wood-nymph moths, Camel Crickets, Green Darners, Scarab beetles, and many other odd sounding species of bugs.

  There were two of the odd sounding species that I just had to comment on out loud.

  "Daddy, do cow killers really kill cows?" I asked, tapping the glass with the odd looking bug in it.

  "They can," daddy replied, pulling me to the next cage, which happened to be a Darkling beetle.

  It was extremely black and somewhat large. It sent shivers through me just looking at it.

  "Creepy," I stated.

  Noah nodded in agreement, his attention now at the section of different kinds of butterfly's, which he stated were all so beautiful.

  He sure was adorable.

  Then we reached a section in the bug exhibit where I recognized most of the bugs as bugs I saw a lot during daily life.

  This included earwigs, stink bugs, ants, June bugs, fish fly's, and my favorite, the giant walking stick. *insert 1. footnote here*

  Though I rarely saw walking stick bugs in my life, I had seen a few around my apartment. Outside, of course.

  They were peculiar creatures but they were really cool as well.

  "Daddy, What was your favorite bug?" I asked him, locking our hands together.

  Daddy used his other hand to grip Noah's as we headed towards the aquarium.

  "I don't know," daddy replied. "Maybe the cute little caterpillar."

  "It was cute," I agreed. "My favorite bug was the walking stick," I stated.

  "Mine too!" Noah agreed, leaning forward slightly to smile wide at me.

  I smiled back.

  As we entered the supposed aquarium, I was kind of disappointed. Unlike the bug exhibit, this area was full and the aquarium didn't even appear to be that large.