Treinta y uno

It was nearing eight thirty and Noah was already falling asleep. His set bedtime wasn't for another hour but he didn't look like he'd stay awake till' then.

  I was getting kind of tired myself.

  All three of us were watching Mary Poppins. Which, though I had not mentioned to either of the boys currently living with me, was a favorite of mine.

  Tyler seemed happy that we weren't watching an animated kids movie that we'd already seen a billion times.

  Quite frankly, I shared that happiness with him. Sure, I loved animated movies from Pixar and Dreamworks. Finding Dory and Finding Nemo were some of my other favorite movies.

  But, it was nice to finally pretend that I didn't usually have to rely on another human to function; That I wasn't just a little kid at heart.

  I looked back over at Noah. He was resting his head on daddy's leg as daddy played with his hair.

  I had chosen to sit on the floor versus the couch, which gave me a closer seat to watching Mary Poppins. Now I regretted sitting on the floor. The diaper below me made my butt sore and I really wished I was in Noah's place.

  An odd noise sounded behind me. It wasn't loud but it sure didn't come from the movie in front of me. After the noise repeated itself a few times, I turned to see that Noah had finally fallen asleep and was snoring.

  Tyler followed my gaze to Noah's sleeping face and untangled his fingers from the sleeping boys dirty blonde curls.

  Tyler and I both knew Noah was on and off about whether he was a deep or light sleeper. One day you could breathe and wake him up and the next you could drop a pan and he wouldn't even stir.

  Just in case, Tyler was very gentle about how he lifted Noah up into his arms and carried him into my bedroom, laying him down into my crib.

  I tugged at daddy's hand and pointed at my stuffed dinosaur that still lay in the crib. Daddy carefully lifted it out and handed it to me before dropping a light pink wool blanket over Noah's sleeping form.

  I went over to my dresser and pulled out a purple pacifier with a cute little panda on it, offering it to daddy to give to Noah. He smiled at my generosity and slipped it between Noah's lips.

  Noah accepted it quite fast, instantly sucking on it.

  "Do you want to go to the bedroom now or finish the movie?" Daddy whispered to me.

  As I said before, I love Mary Poppins. But now that the opportunity to have alone time with daddy presented itself; I wanted all I could get.

  "Bedroom," I replied in an even smaller whisper than him.

  "What pajamas would you like to wear?" He asked.

  I tugged at his shirt.

  "You wanna wear one of my T-shirt's again?"

  I nodded, sticking my thumb in my mouth and smiling up at him. He smiled back but quickly pulled my thumb from between my lips.

  Before I could stick my thumb back into my mouth stubbornly daddy leaned down and kissed me.

  Then he lifted me up and carried me into the bedroom as if he hadn't just done it.

  He helped me get out of the outfit I was currently wearing and tossed me one of his comfy Panic! At the disco T-shirt's, which I gladly accepted.

  "Do you want me to make you a bottle of warm milk or do you just want me to get you a pacifier?" He asked as my thumb found it's way back into my mouth.

  "Milk," I replied around my thumb. Daddy left the room and returned only three minutes later with a paw patrol bottle full of lukewarm milk.

  I opened my hands and quickly accepted the bottle, starting to suck on the nipple. Daddy tugged me to his chest as he laid down on the bed.

It felt nice to lay here in the warmth of daddy's arms, sucking down the sweet flavor of milk.

The only sad thing about it all was that I was becoming sleepy and I wanted to stay up and talk to him. But I guess cuddling him was also nice alone time.

I felt daddy's hands in my hair and smiled around the nipple of the bottle.

"Is my little boy sleepy?" He asked.

  "N-no," I lied. I didn't want to fall asleep and if he knew I was tired he might try to make me.

  "Are you sure?" He repeated, nuzzling my cheek. I giggled but didn't reply.

  "In a few days Noah has to go visit his family," Daddy started to explain, gaining my attention. "That means In a few days, you and I will have even more alone time. That's why you should sleep right now."

  How he knew that's why I was lying beats me. But more alone time with daddy? That sounds great.

  I cuddled into daddy's chest, listening to his heartbeat and embracing the feeling of his fingers in my hair and the sweet taste of milk on my tongue.

  It was hard to stay awake and though I fought the urge, I was just too tired. I fell asleep.

  Shorter than usual chapter. Shittier than usual chapter.
I'm sorry. But I love you guys ❤️❤️