Cuarenta y dos

Noah was coming home tonight and for some reason, I couldn't be more excited. I scrambled around the house to make it look neat and made sure it didn't look like a depressed boy lived here.

I contemplated making dinner, even, but decided it was a bad idea. Not only did I not know when exactly Noah would arrive, but I also couldn't cook for shit. (A/N haha me. Literally I burn ramen)

As soon as the house was presentable- or as presentable as I could manage, anyway- I made my way to my bathroom to take another shower. I wanted to look presentable too.

  I tossed a blue towel onto my bathroom counter and slipped under the shower head as it sprayed luke-warm water. I tapped the knob so that it heated up slightly and poured some honey body wash onto my hands.

  It wasn't too long before my skin was covered in yellow bubbles and I slipped back under the water to watch them dissolve down the drain.

  I ruffled my short curls and let the newly poured soap in my hands ruin them. The scent of my raspberry two-in-one hair wash mixed with the honey smell, creating a new smell- a sweeter one.

  I dipped my head back into the water and massaged the soap out, watching pink bubbles cascade down my chest and onto the floor of the shower as they escaped to the drain.

  The smell started to fade and I took that as a signal to end my shower. One quick turn of the knob in front of me silenced the showers hiss.

  I wrapped the towel around me and walked to my room, my pajamas in my hand. I tossed them in the corner and searched my drawers for actual clothes.

  The result of my search was a blue T-shirt with pikachu on it and a pair of black sweatpants. I pulled on another Pokémon pull-up and dressed myself in the clothes I'd found.

  As I entered the living room, I noted to myself that the sky was starting to darken oddly quick.

A quick phone check left me disappointed as I realized I had no notifications.

  Sometime while I ate a PB and J sandwich, the sky turned gray with storm clouds and the clock shone 5:37 in red.

My mind wandered as I ate my second PB and J and I hadn't realized that it had started to rain. Not until a flash of lightning illuminated the living room, followed by a loud boom of thunder that shook the apartment.

I jumped at the sound and what remained of my sandwich fell from my fingers and onto the paper plate in front of me and the pull-up beneath me grew uncomfortably wet.

The next noise that frightened me was not that of thunder, but of a knock at the door.

  I was quick to get to the door and even quicker to throw it open, revealing a tired-looking Noah. He brightened as soon as he saw me and a smile lit up his face.

  He stepped into the apartment and quickly shut and locked the door behind him, quickly turning to throw his arms around me.

  "I missed you," he breathed into my ear. He pulled back from the hug and placed his hand on my cheek.

  When I thought he was going to lean in and kiss me, his hand fell from my face and he shrugged his backpack onto the floor.

  "I thought you weren't coming until later?" I asked, glaring at the 6:03 that the clock displayed.

  "I saw the thunderstorms on the forecast. I didn't wanna leave you alone when it was storming," he replied easily, giving me a shy smile.

  "Have you eaten?" He changed the subject.