Let Me Keep You

Chanyeol had found himself pushing through the crowd, dancing around the room.

It was his 25th birthday and his friends had organised a party for him, in their favourite local café.

It was a highpoint for them when they were in the local school, it was a very small community and almost everyone attended the same school; LakeWater High.

A sweet melody danced in his ears once he reached the outside air.

A man's soft voice dances along the breeze towards the taller, almost as if spelling his legs into walking over.

"Hello?" Chanyeol called.

The guy by the pier jumped, shocked to have been caught mid verse.

"Oh he-hello" he bowed showing his respect.

"My name is Chanyeol can i ask yours?"

"Baekhyun" the male replied his red cheeks flashing through the dark of the night.

"I'm not sure I've seen you around here before" Chanyeol smiled leaning over onto the railing by the water.

"I'm not actually from here"

Cocking a brow Chanyeol turned to look back at the smaller. "Just move here?"

Baekhyun released a chuckle while nodding "You could say that"

"Where you from?"

Chanyeol followed the finger Baekhyun used to point to the ocean "There"

Chanyeol brushed it off clearly thinking that the boy was from across the water's.

"What brought you to Lakewater?"

"Traveling, you know the usual human story"

Chanyeol nodded in understanding. After all his best friends boyfriend was the exact same.

"You have a really nice voice" Chanyeol blurted when silence over took the atmosphere.

He could tell under the moonlight that Baekhyun was a tomato in disguise trying to hold back from releasing his true identify however it wasn't working very well for him.

"Thank you"

Once again the silence came upon them, the only thing filling it would be the soft lapping of the water under the decking they were currently standing on.

"Its beautiful isn't it?" Baekhyun sighed happily, his shoulders drooping.

"You or the ocean?" Chanyeol smirked.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes a small smile tugging his lips "You wouldn't like to get involved with me Chanyeol"

"Whys that?"

"You couldn't handle it, and you'd be left broken hearted"

Chanyeol didn't know why but he felt pulled to the boy an arm length away. It was like he was the waves beneath him being pushed back and forward by the full moon above them.

"Wait you want to become something?"

"I've seen you alot around here Chanyeol, I know your looking for a settling relationship but I'm not the one that can give it to you"

"You don't look like someone who would be up for a one night stand Baek"

The smaller seemed to be surprised by the sudden nickname but Chanyeol pushed past it.

He wasn't at all scared of the conversation he just suddenly started with a stranger, instead he thought of Baekhyun as a very close person already, a crush that seemed to have gone on forever instead of the 10 minutes they just went through.