Cupid pt.2

After their strange encounter a few hours ago Baekhyun was carted away by his friends who were all desperate to help their friend come to terms with the concept of being summoned before the oracle, it wasn't a rare occurrence- since many of the campers often went to visit her after their summoning. Their prophecies were almost mediocre bringing about the tale of a new beginning or a certain fate that was easily averted if they willed it away, but Baekhyun couldn't help but wonder the seriousness of his destiny. 

According to the small amount of information he had received from Chiron unintentionally Baekhyun figured that his future was woven in with Chanyeol who just so happened to be a rumoured child of the Big Three, which was never good in the prophecy department. 

"Don't freak out Baekhyun I'm sure that whatever he saw in there isn't going to be as bad as you think!" Kyungsoo smiled, wrapping his arm over his best friend's shoulder even though his voice didn't match his confident words. The son of the God of the Underworld was terrified and he didn't do a good job in hiding it. 

"That makes me feel even better, thank you so much Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun stated sarcastically, but as he was more than comfortable in regards to using the tone to appear like he was being genuine when he was doing the complete opposite. "But honestly, what am I going to do?" 

"You're going to go back to your cabin after dinner and going back to finding soulmates!" Sehun explained to the Cupid, pulling him away from Kyungsoo and looking him direct in the eye. "You're also expected to show Chanyeol around the camp but I'm sure that we can find someone else to do it-" 

"No" Baekhyun declined, shaking his head with a small smile on his lips. "I'll do it. I guess I could use that time to ask him about our linked prophecy." 

"That's actually a smart idea," Luhan agreed dipping his head. "did you see his red string by any chance? Maybe we can find his true love to get your mind off the while thing!" 

"I saw it" Baekhyun nodded his head. "but then I didn't."

"What?" 

"He has a red string attached to his finger," Baekhyun sighed, allowing Sehun to turn him in the direction of the dining hall. "but as I went to follow it, it gradually began to disappear." 

"What does that mean?" Kyungsoo questioned, tilting his head to the side. The action made him look like a confused owl, Baekhyun smiling at the thought. 

"A number of things" Luhan huffed, crossing his arms over his shoulder. Baekhyun got a sight of the boy's red string, he was surprised that the son of the Goddess of Love didn't question him about his own soulmate. After all there was a rumour that the offspring of the goddess weren't able to feel satisfied with the single love of one person, which probably explained why Luhan's finger held two strings both stretching out in two different directions. "it could mean that his soulmate died before they met, that it was still undecided or-" 

"Or because I'm his soulmate," Baekhyun finished the pink haired boy's sentence. "it's my only weakness. I can't see my own string and that technically means that I won't be able to see my own soulmate's, it's one of the major perks of being a son of Cupid I can find everyone else's soulmates but my own." 

"I'm just glad that you guys do in fact have soulmates, it would be really harsh if you didn't." Kyungsoo admitted, taking led ahead of the three campers, leading the way towards the food options spread along a wide table running along one of the walls. "I haven't heard of a cupid finding their soulmate though-" 

"Neither have I." Luhan added, his gaze falling onto the ground. "You all know how dedicated I am to reading Zeus News, well it appears to be more than just a gossip magazine since it also said that the last time a Cupid found their actual soulmates was more than a thousand years ago." 

"That's actually really interesting." Sehun voiced out his thoughts, letting Baekhyun's shoulders go in favour of turning his undivided attention towards the span of food. The Cupid let out a laugh as he watched his friends become a pack of wolves around the table, he watched them from the side for a bit before grabbing a play for himself. 

"So the whisper through the grapevine is that you can actually see the red strings of fate?" A deep voice whispered into Baekhyun's ear, sending the smaller into a frenzy. He whipped around and stared into the brown orbs that had saved him from the Minotaur not that long ago. 

"Yes" he confirmed, turning back to the variety of food before him. "I can. But please don't ask me to find your soulmate, your case is quite different from everyone else's." 

"Because you can't see where it goes right?" 

Baekhyun's hands unintentionally halted around the handle of the metal claps used in handling the chicken platter, he turned his head slightly and looked up into the taller's bright eyes. "That's right, but should I ask how you know that?" 

"I'm sure that after your meeting with the oracle tomorrow you'll understand the sudden uncomfortable feeling I'm receiving ever since I met you," Baekhyun's eyes narrowed. "that came out rude I didn't mean it in that way, honest. It's just- I never really believed in this soulmate thing you know?" 

"Most people find it hard to understand," Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders, moving along the table. Chanyeol simply grabbed a random combination of foods, his main priority was to stick next to cupid as he continued on. "I'm assuming that this whole thing is very hard to get your head around. I mean- you have gotten claimed by a God who many people don't believe exist, then you find out that Jongin was a protector with goat legs, you were then swarmed by monsters who wanted to kill you basically forcing into this world which other's would consider make-believe and of course we can't forget the fact that we're now a camper at Camp Half-Blood which in case you haven't noticed already holds the offspring's of the said Gods you believed didn't exist. Oh! And that you are destined in a outrageous prophecy with a son of Cupid who by the way has no idea about it and we can't even think to forget about you killing a Minotaur on top of all that but yeah sure a red string that ties two people together is definitely hard to believe!" 

Chanyeol stared at the young Cupid, his lips coiling into a sly grin as he nodded his head. "Yep, guess you got it on the head with that one!" 

Baekhyun let out a soft giggle as he gently placed his plate onto the table, he turned so that his body was facing the new demigod. Their bodies were quite close but it wasn't unwelcomed (surprisingly). "You're an interesting guy Chanyeol." 

"You just want to know which god claimed me don't you?" the red haired boy sighed, gazing down at his plate as he avoided all contact with Baekhyun. 

"I mean it is the talk of the camp, you can't blame my curiosity." Baekhyun admitted, gesturing towards the rest of the campers sitting around the room. 

"Well let's just say that you guys don't have a cabin for me," Chanyeol chuckled in nerves, his hand scratching against his neck. That spiked Baekhyun's curiosity, maybe the red haired boy was from one of the minority gods who hadn't reproduced with a mortal. "and when you know the truth about me you'll want me out of here almost instantly." 

"Woah okay let's not get ahead of ourselves here Chanyeol-" 

"Baekhyun my father has been feuding with the gods for centuries, everyone knows the stories and when you learn the truth you'll just have questions that I can't answer-" 

"Oh come on Chanyeol, it's not like you're the child of a titan!" Baekhyun joked, a breathy chuckle leaving his lips as his eyes crinkled in glee. The sudden silence that befell the pair caused the cupid to hold his breath in surprise, his eyes widened as Chanyeol put his plate down and excused himself. The Cupid watching with an racing heart as the red haired boy began making his way towards Chiron's cabin where he figured the new camper would be staying. 

Chanyeol couldn't possible the son of a Titan, they were all destroyed during the battle. The Olympians that produced many of the campers had overthrown the Titans a really really really long time ago, there had been whispers that many had gone into hiding plotting for their return but it was just gossip! 

Or was it?