Isolation

"I really don't like it in here Chanyeol," Baekhyun found himself admitting out of the blue, the small raven haired boy unable to look up from the couch cushion resting on his lap. "I don't like the fact that we're left stuck in here while Sehun is the only one out there being able to do anything about it!" 

"You know why we have to stay in here my love," Chanyeol sighed, returning to his spot next to his lover. "we were exposed to a toxin while we were looking for The Dutchman. If we were to go outside now we would be risking everyone else's health, since Sehun wasn't there with us when we went to investigate he's the only one who we can count on to keep people safe while we're stuck in here." 

Baekhyun huffed for the nth time that day, his arms crossed over his chest as he glared helplessly at the pillow below him. Chanyeol felt his heartbeat stop in his chest, the ever so faint pout displayed on Baekhyun's lips had his stomach flipping in all sorts of emotions. He blamed himself for being the reason both of them were exposed to the dangerous chemical in the first place. He had developed a lead on The Dutchman, a stone cold case that the Seoul PD had left opened in their database for years. Chanyeol (who had been put in charge of closing a majority of these cold cases) figured that he best solve it but with little to no useful eye witness reports, the guy was said to be a phantom. According to the files that the police force had on the case  was a rough idea of his height and build that they were able to determine thanks to a shaky (and blurry) CCTV footage taken by a local convenience store around the corner from where one of  the attacks had taken place. 

Like the ghost ship the guy would vanish after committing the crime leaving behind a mystery with no eye witness accounts or crucial evidence that could link anyone to the crimes. The Dutchman started out as petty thief pickpocketing and graffitiing wherever and whenever he could, until it eventually graduated into burglary, drug trafficking, murder, destruction of property and arson as he became better known throughout the streets. Chanyeol had never recalled a time where the phantom used chemical warfare, but naturally having come from the streets himself Chanyeol knew better than to question his source. The woman who had called in about the tip claimed to have been a prostitute that had recently associated herself with the one of the Dutchman's henchmen, she had stated to the police officer who took the call that the phantom was running business in a storage unit downtown. She had claimed that she wasn't completely aware of what type of business that they were running and declined to the officer's suggestion of finding out, it was understandable since this woman had clearly been afraid of her customer and his linkage with the criminal. 

Chanyeol had briefed his partner about the organisation, prepping Baekhyun with everything that he and his crew had come up with. The ravenette had released a grin so wide when Chanyeol spoke of the possibility of breaking down a large drug ring (since they were yet to fully understand what was in the warehouse), they had to be prepared which meant that Chanyeol couldn't simply enter the warehouse with his twin guns blazing around the place. Together the pair were able to come up with a simple plan, they were going to infiltrate the warehouse after staking it out for a couple days. The police chief had agreed to the pair's plan and set about making a team to help the superheroes out as they needed to make sure that everything went off without a hitch. Three weeks after surveying the compound the pair had come to the conclusion that the warehouse was now abandoned, after no one had entered it in over two weeks. 

Upon searching through basement Baekhyun had found some spilled biotoxin cans while searching one of the offices, instantly he had called out to his boyfriend who came running at his lover's shout but it had already been to late. Baekhyun had been exposed to the dangerous toxin a lot longer than Chanyeol had been so when the taller arrived at the office he felt nothing but pure pain in his throat at the sight of Baekhyun standing without his mask on. Still, he had taken the smaller into his arms and carried him out of the building choosing to wait for backup in the abandoned carpark which had a protective overhead to allow them protection from the rain. Sehun had arrived as quickly as he could having brought enough doctors and nurses to examine the couple, they fuzzed over their equipment while asking them updates through their special hazmat suits. Chanyeol and Baekhyun found it hard to give up their super suits, feeling as if a part of their identity had been completely ripped off of them. Still they gave up without much of a fight after Suho and Yixing were adamant on being able to get them new suits that they could promise would be a lot better than previous ones, the couple had no choice but to hand them over to be destroyed.