Cupid pt. 3

Real quick: I can't do prophecies okay? Don't attack me because of it!

"Baekhyun!" Chiron called to the camper who was staring into the space that Chanyeol had just been not that long ago. "tell me, how was your tour?" 

"What?" Baekhyun asked, looking up at the centaur in confusion. "Oh, yeah I didn't get a chance to bring him." 

"Oh?" Chiron muttered although it was quite clear that he knew more than he was letting on. "well that's upsetting, I'm sure he was looking forward to it." 

"He seems to know his way around already," Baekhyun sighed, blinking his eyes repeatedly after a couple moments of staring. "I think I'm just going to go back to my cabin to rest. Hey Chiron, can I ask you something?" 

"I suppose" the centaur nodded his head, plucking some grapes from the fruit bowl that was usually attacked during dessert time. "what is it that you wish to know little Cupid?" 

"Do you know who claimed Chanyeol?" Chiron stared into the boy's shining eyes, he simply dipped his head and avoided eye contact as his lower lip was drawn beneath his teeth. 

"I know them quite well," Chiron agreed with a soft sigh escaping his lips. "Chanyeol has been researching our history and trust me Baekhyun he isn't happy about the outcome. He really wishes that it was one of the Olympians that claimed him and not one of the Titans." 

"I'm going to guess that you're not going to tell me who that might be will you?" Baekhyun stressed, rubbing against his temples as he welcomed the oncoming headache. "Shall I visit the oracle tonight rather than tomorrow?" 

"Well whatever you decide to do, I'm sure that she'll be expecting you either way" Chiron shrugged his shoulders, his grey sweater looking incredibly comfortable in Baekhyun's eye. He wondered that if he asked the centaur for a chance to invade his closet, but he figured he best keep his lips shut. "have you eaten at all tonight?" 

"Lost my appetite" Baekhyun admitted with a shy smile, expecting to see Chiron's judging 'father' like eyes. The centaur was well known throughout the camp for force-feeding anyone who decided to skip their meals, Baekhyun recalled a summer where the centaur had actually considered calling off 'Capture The Flag' since it was running on longer than anyone had planned. "Jaemin has snacks back at the cabin so I'm sure that I can eat some of those. I'll see you later Chiron." 

Before the centaur could even prevent the Cupid from leaving the dinner hall Baekhyun had already left, following the night sky with his eyes as he made his way towards the lake. Chiron's lips curled up into a sad smile as he shook his head remembering that his cabin was right next to the river where Chanyeol had told him to find him if he ever 'disappeared'. 

Baekhyun nearly jumped five feet in the air after seeing the boy with his feet in the water, the cupid considering the possibility of the boy being a son of the Titan for salty water - Oceanus but he quickly shook his head as he approached quietly. 

"I didn't expect to find you here, I usually come here myself." 

"I just wanted to see the sky," Chanyeol explained without turning to send the boy a glance, his eyes fixated on the constellations. "one of the stories I read when looking up my father was the story of Hyas and how he was killed by a lion while fetching water. To preserve his memory he was brought up to the sky and formed into the constellation Aquarius, I found it interesting to learn that the lion that killed him was also brought up and formed Leo. It explained why they don't share the same sky since one sets while the other rises, an eternal chase through the heavens." 

"I never heard that story before" Baekhyun whispered, trying to keep the calming atmosphere. "I've heard of Hyas and the lion but I never knew they were what created the constellations. Wasn't he the son of Atlas?"