Chapter 1: Where Are You Mate?

Bonnie’s Pov

Loneliness. It was proven that most human beings couldn’t handle being alone well. They needed to be around their peers to be able to develop normally. As werewolves this was never supposed to be a problem for us. It was known that from the moment your born the moon goddess selects you a soulmate.

Your mate is the one person in the world that is perfect for you. Their your other half. My grandmother told me when I was five years old that the first time you lay your eyes on your mate it’s electric.  It’s a moment that you’ll remember for the rest of your life. She spoke of how it’s like a piece of you has been missing but, you never noticed until then. That I’d know when it happened for the feelings hit you like a ton of bricks.

Since then I’ve dreamed of the day I turned of age and met my mate, unfortunately my dreams were crushed on my 18th birthday. As the years passed by my hope to find my mate slowly diminished but, I stayed strong just like any Alpha. Though once an a while I find myself yearning for a companion but, I push it to the side. Maybe my grandmother was wrong.

“Alpha” a voice called pulling me out my thoughts. Raising my head from my desk, I saw my Beta Henry looking at me with concern.

 Raising my head from my desk, I saw my Beta Henry looking at me with concern

“What can I help you with Henry?” I asked.

“It’s time to train the pups. They’re all very eager for their first lesson” he said.

“Give me a minute to change and I’ll be right there” I breathed. He nodded before bowing in respect and exiting my office.

“Time to get your head out of the clouds Bonnie, our pack needs us” I whispered to myself while taking the papers off my desk and locking them in the drawer.

When I finished I stood up and headed out making sure to also lock my office door. Walking upstairs I waved to some of my pack members as they passed by. I reached my floor and pressed in the passcode, stepping inside. The alpha quarters took up the whole fourth floor, it was like an apartment. My parents used to stay here until my father stepped down from his position.

I quickly changed into a pair of black spandex, a sports bra and my Nike’s. After I was ready I jogged downstairs and outside to the training field in the back. Henry already had all the pups lined up and ready.