Chapter 9: Fighting For Air

Bonnie's Pov

"Please shut that damn thing off

"Please shut that damn thing off. It's annoying the hell out of me" I groaned as the heart machine continued.

"Sorry Alpha but, we need to keep it on" Leila said going over the clip board she had in her hand.

After the rogue attack, Henry and David brought me to the pack hospital. I was badly injured and the wolfs bane wasn't allowing me to heal. But, that wasn't my only problem. I hated going to doctor, always have ever since I was little and learned what shots were.

"Is this really all neccessary?" I mumbled as I tried to sit up but, was hit with a harsh pain in my side.

"Yes. Until Charlie comes back from his supply run you'll have to stay in this bed. The wolfs bane was a strong dose which is why you feel so, weak. It's going to take you a while to recover even though your an Alpha" she explained.

"Can someone at least bring me the papers from my office so, I can work?" I questioned.

"Ignore her Leila. My daughter is always restless when in a hospital bed. Luckily I'm here to keep her busy " my mom spoke coming through the door. Leila left with a smile on her face.

"Mom I have a lot of paperwork to get through" I sighed.

"It will still be there when you recover honey. Stop worrying. I brought you some things, like your phone which keeps ringing" she hummed handing it over. Unlocking it I was surprised to see plenty of missed calls from Damon. Quickly I dialed him back worried something had happened to my mate.

"Hello" he answered.

"Hi, Damon" I replied.

"Bonnie it's you! I've been calling" he gasped

"I saw that. Is something wrong? You called me alot" I questioned.

"Oh, um I'm sorry about that. Don't think I'm crazy or anything but, I was at work when I felt this pain in my side. Then this instinct to check on you took over. I wanted to make sure you were okay" he explained nervously and I wanted to just aww. It made me feel warm inside to know he was worried about me.