Chapter 11: Checkmate

Bonnie's Pov

"Bonnie are you sure about this? Your dad said it wasn't safe. There are people trying to kill you" Caroline said.

"I know Care but, this is my mate I'm talking about

"I know Care but, this is my mate I'm talking about. I've been too long without him and I refuse to allow some human bitch to best me. She wants him, then she's going to have to get through me. For years I've been alone and I'm tired. I know that everyone thinks I'm strong and have handled not having a mate. The truth is I'm lonely Caroline. I hate going to bed by myself. It's a horrible feeling" I explained.

"Bon, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. You don't deserve it" she breathed wrapping me in a hug.

"Sometimes I wonder if I've angered the Moon Goddess and that's why it took so long for me to find Damon" I sighed sitting on my bed.

"Don't think like that. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe she wanted to wait until you were ready" she mumbled.

"Maybe. I know that now, I'm ready. More ready than I've ever been" I hummed.

"Just be careful Bonnie. This baby I'm carrying needs there Aunty in hie or her life " she spoke shocking me.

"What?" I gasped causing her to smile. Quickly I listened and that's when I could hear it. A third heartbeat in the room coming from my best friends stomach.

"Henry and I found out yesterday. He's so excited to be a dad" Care said.

"I'm so happy for you both. Congratulations" I told her.

"Thanks. Bonnie I've known you forever. I want you to be happy and have everything you deserve. A mate, a man that loves you and your own little family. You've always been a fighter. Just please watch yourself because I don't want to lose you" she sighed.

"I promise" I replied giving her another hug. She wrapped her arms around my body and held me tight.

The moment I stepped out of the pack house I was going to be risking my life and no amount of guards could change that. Part of me wanted to follow my dad's instructions and stay locked in here so, none of them of them would have to worry but, I couldn't.

"Finish getting ready. No way are we letting someone steal away your man" Care laughed uplifting the mood. One thing I thanked the Moon Goddess for everyday was the fact that even though I didn't have my mate, I still had an amazing friend.

⏩⏩

"Alpha are sure about this?" Bruce asked when I stepped out my car

"Alpha are sure about this?" Bruce asked when I stepped out my car. He and two other warriors followed me all the way here.

"Yes now please stay invisible until your needed. I don't want to frighten him" I sighed.

"Of course" he hummed with a nod before walking away.

Fixing my hair, I glance through the window of the coffee shop. It was a shot in the dark going here but, supposedly it was the best in town. When I saw Damon's figure sitting at one of the tables on his computer it caused me to smile. His face was a little wrinkled like he was trying to concentrate.

I took a deep breath before taking my first step toward the entrance. I was here for a reason and I was going to make it known. No human girl would one up me. I was an Alpha and she should think twice before stepping in my path.

As I walked toward his table it was with confidence and grace. Thanks to Caroline, I was wearing an outfit that gained attention of every heterosexual male within my radar. I noticed a couple glances my way when I walked in but, my attention was on my mate.

When he finally took his eyes off his computer and looked up it was like he got caught in a trance

When he finally took his eyes off his computer and looked up it was like he got caught in a trance. I smirked at the shock look on his face. It boosted my confidence. A million men could stare at me in awe but, none of there opinions would matter. Only his.

"Bonnie-" he started.

"Quiet" I said my voice full of authority.

I took a good look at his face before leaning in. Once again the sparks were instantaneous as our lips touched. Bringing my hand up, I ran it through his hair all the while pulling him closer. I easily dominated the kiss, taking Damon's mouth as my prisoner. When I pulled away his face was flushed red causing me to grin.

"I'm no one's second choice" I whispered in his ear before strutting away. I knew he was watching me the entire time, probably confused.

"Bonnie wait!" he called. I stopped and turned to face him.

"What?" I asked.

"You can't just kiss me like that and walk away. What do you mean by a second choice? " Damon questioned.

"You cancelled on our date to go out with some girl your parents set you up with" I explained.

"That-that's nothing believe me. Meddling in my love life is my mother's hobby but, trust that dinner was the last. She agreed to leave me be" he breathed walking towards me.

"Why?" I asked.

"I may have told her how I met this amazing woman. Even though it hasn't been long, this connection is something I can't ignore" he mumbled rubbing his thumb across my cheek.

"She sounds amazing" I murmured.

"I think she is. Especially after that mind blowing kiss" he hummed. Smiling I captured his lips for the second time today while inside I smirked. Checkmate bitch.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Yes it's been awhile I know but, here you go. I can't wait for the next chapter. It's about to be a shit storm. Things may start moving faster because I only see this book being about 25 chapters and there is a lot I want to pack in. That means longer chapters, yay!!! Anyways I'm giving you a date next but, be ready cause I'ma hit you with the drama too. What do you think is going to happen?

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫