Chapter 20: Choose Me, Love Me

Damon's Pov

I was dreading going to see my parents

I was dreading going to see my parents. Since everything with Bonnie, I haven't really talked to them lately especially, my mom. I knew that I couldn't go on like that which is why I had to come see them in person. Just to prove that I was ok.

Taking a deep breath I got out of my car and headed to the door. I knocked before entering and stood there waiting.

"Damon, thank God! We were so worried about you! Where have you been?" my mom asked pulling me into her arms.

"It has only been four days and I was busy with a work thing" I lied stepping into the house.

"Don't lie to me. I asked your father and he said you haven't been over to the company" she stated crossing her arms.

"Fine. I took some time off. I needed to deal with some things" I sighed.

"Are you in trouble Damon?" she asked.

"No, I'm not" I groaned.

"Then why have you been avoiding your family?" she asked.

"Cause everytime I come over here your trying to set me up with someone. No matter how many times I tell you that I am fine" I sighed.

"I just want you to be happy. You never had a long relationship. Never brought any girls home to meet us. I worry about you" she explained.

"I'm fine" I replied.

"You say that but, I'm your mother. I can tell that your not" she argued.

"Well your wrong this time. I've actually have been seeing someone for a while now. She's amazing and I love her" I said.

"Really? Well when can we meet her?"my mom asked happily.

"Soon but, I actually have to go. I promise to answer your calls. Ok?" I hummed giving her a hug.

"Alright. I hope you know that I love you so much" she whispered.

"I do mom" I responded kissing her cheek before leaving.

I went back to my apartment and checked on a couple things. I even packed a bag of some of my belongings. Maybe it was this mate bond but, I really wanted to get back and be with Bonnie. The feeling of not being by her side made me sad.

When I was finished, I hopped back in the car and headed to the packhouse. I smiled as I passed the guards. I was kind of anxious to see my mate though it was still kind of weird to think of her as that. My soulmate. It was something you read about in trashy romance novels.

"Welcome back. I didn't know if you'd actually return" Caroline said as I stepped into the pack house.

"Why?" I asked.

"I figured you'd run off and tell everyone of what you saw" she answered crossing her arms.

"I wouldn't betray Bonnie like that" I responded truthfully. She become to mean so much to me and the mere thought of hurting her made me sick.

"Good because I'd do anything to protect my best friend. Would you? I heard about that little stunt Rose pulled" she spoke.

"Rose is complicated but, she is my friend. My only friend and yes I would protect her just like you would Bonnie. She may have acted unrationally but, I'll talk to her. I'm not going to give up on her especially, after all she's done for me" I told her.

"That's nice and all but, if it comes down to it, who will you choose? Your best friend or your mate?" Caroline asked.

"I won't choose" I stated. I loved Bonnie but, Rose has been there for me through some dark times in my life. I couldn't just push her to the side.

"Wrong answer" she mumbled glancing behind me. Turning around, I saw Bonnie standing there and she didn't look happy.

"I'll leave you two alone" Caroline hummed walking out the room.

"Bon are you okay?" I asked walking over.

"Your supposed to choose me. It shouldn't be a hard decision. I'm your mate Damon, the choice should always be me" she sighed softly.

"Bon-" I started but, she quickly cut me off.

"I'd choose you over anyone because I love you. I don't have to think about it! Your my other half, my one true mate!" Bonnie exclaimed and I noticed her eyes flashed green for a second.

 I don't have to think about it! Your my other half, my one true mate!" Bonnie exclaimed and I noticed her eyes flashed green for a second

"Calm down baby" I whispered grabbing her hands but, she quickly pulled away.

"No. I've spent years waiting for you and just when I started to give up, you come into my life. I've never been so happy but, you say that when it comes down to it, after everything that you can't choose between me and some damn hunter!" she snapped taking a step back. I watched as her body started to tremble and this time her eyes didn't just flash flourescent green, they were green.

"Hunter? Rose is a hunter?" I questioned confused.

"It doesn't matter. I have to go" she muttered before running off. She was gone before I could stop her.

💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠

Thank you to all my readers that have been patient with me. I'm still trying to find a balance in my life. Anyways what do you think? How is Damon going to take the news? What's up with Bonnie?
Next Damon confronts Rose for some answers.

VOTE/COMMENT

P.S I know that some of us are a little irritated with Wattpads new update. Therefore I won't be posting much on my message board. Only when it's important for you guys. I know it's kind of annoying to see all these posts from the people your following. So I won't add to it. Thanks.

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠