Chapter 26: We Can Always Forgive But, Never Forget

Damon's Pov

Pain. It had grown more intense with each passing day. I had tried to hide it but, then I reached my breaking point. Waking up from night sweats in body wrenching agony was too much. I needed help whether, I wanted it or not.

"Mr.Salvatore we have you hooked up to a small morphine drip. It should make you more comfortable as we wait for the test results to come back" the nurse told me as she fixed the IV in my arm.

"Thank you" I mumbled.

"Your welcome. Try and get some rest" she sighed before leaving the room.

Staring at the ceiling I thought about all the events that led up to this point. Mainly the look on my mothers face when she found me on my sofa crying in agony. I had never seen her so scared. My whole family was on edge worrying about me. Therefore, I had no say in the matter when she decided to call an ambulance and have me taken to the closest hospital.

I imagined pulling the needle out of my arm and leaving but, I knew it would only be a matter of time before the physical pain returned. The medicine may have helped on that end but, it did nothing to ease my emotional turmoil. I felt lost and that with each passing moment I was slowly slipping away from this world and into one unknown.

I had suffered loss, and wasn't capable of dealing with it. I didn't want to so, I was drowning. To make it worse, I wasn't allowing myself to be saved. I wanted it to take over my body until all remnants of my natural self were gone and I was unable to recognize my own reflection. That moment is when I believed I would feel at peace.

If I was being honest, I couldn't figure out if it was guilt that was powering my actions or the fact that I had nothing else to lose. I was in a war with the darkest parts of my subconscious. A war that was all too familiar from childhood and though I proved victorious in the past, I wasn't confident at this moment.

"Your not looking so great" I heard someone say. I glanced over, in time to watch a man come in and close the door behind him. I sort of recognized him but, my head was a little to messed up to remember fully.

 I sort of recognized him but, my head was a little to messed up to remember fully

"Yeah well. Do I know you?" I sighed not really wanting to be bothered.

"Not really. We were never formally introduced. I'm Alexander, Bonnie's father" he said voice showcasing the strength and power the man carried as a former Alpha.

"Oh. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I am here for my daughter. I love her but, she's stubborn like her mother. Once they make up their mind it is hard to get them to change it" he chuckled taking a seat in the chair that was beside my bed.

"I know" I hummed as Rose's face appeared in my head.

"I'm sorry about your friend" Alexander spoke his face remorseful.

"Thanks but, it doesn't change anything. Your apology isn't the one I needed and now it's too late" I groaned sitting up.

"I hope not. I came here to save my daughter and I can't do that without your help" he confessed.

"Why? Is Bonnie okay?" I questioned the worry evident in my tone. I may be devastated by what she did but, I still love her. She still had my heart.

"No. When you left, it caused her to go through rejection. Her wolf slowly started to wither away as the strain on the mate bond increased. This past month has been extremely difficult and she's so close to being gone forever. The pain you've been dealing with is only a small fraction of hers. You guys are connected and when she dies, a piece of you will too unless you come back and complete the mate bond" he explained.

"Why didn't she come here herself?" I whispered as I tried to comprehend all this new information.

"Other than the fact that she hasn't been able to get out of bed, she thinks she doesn't deserve to be saved. After what she did to your friend, she considers this punishment. Though the pack needs her and you may not want to admit it but, so do you" Alexander stated.

"How can I forgive her?" I asked.

"I believe you already have. Sometimes when you truly, completely love a person you can forgive them for almost anything. No relationship is perfect Damon, not even mates. We still struggle sometimes. I guess it's the Luna way of keeping us humble" he  said standing up and offering  me a kind smile.

"Then how can I forget" I mumured.

"You can't but, you can choose to move on. No one can tell you what to do, its your choice Damon" he hummed before walking out the hospital room leaving me to drown in his words but, this time there was hand reaching out, ready to drag me back to the surface. Whether I was ready or not was the problem.

♦️🃏♦️🃏♦️🃏♦️🃏♦️🃏♦️🃏♦️🃏

Here you are, 875 words of despair. I'm really ready to get Damon back with Bonnie because writing all theses sad, depressing chapter is uh sad. Anyways what do you think of Alexander going agaisnt his daughters wishes? What will Damon do?

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

🃏♦️🃏♦️🃏♦️🃏♦️🃏♦️🃏♦️🃏♦️