Chapter 27: Hate That I Love You

Bonnie's Pov

A month. I had bed sentenced to bed rest because the pain was so bad. There wasn't any medicine strong enough for my Alpha metabolism, which meant I was on my own. My wolf was barely there and I knew it was only a matter of days before she disappeared for good. I wouldn't be able to survive without her so, I would perish as well.

I didn't regret my decision, even after all this. I did what I had to. I needed to protect my pack. My only regret was how I had hurt Damon. I should have left him to his life. Bringing him here was a mistake. I had survived 27 years without a mate. I didn't need to involve him but, I was selfish. The one thing an Alpha couldn't be.

My family and friends were all pressuring me to call Damon and have him take back the rejection, but I couldn't. I had no right to barge into his life again and ask that of him. Honestly, part of me was scared. Terrified that he wouldn't want to take it back, that he'd take pleasure in seeing me wither and die. That my death could be the revenge he wanted.

"Oh, Luna" I groaned as I tried to sit up. Each movement was like sandpaper rubbing up against my skin.

Everyone had left me so, I was alone and I was thirsty. Holding in my shrieks of agony, I moved my legs to the side of the bed. Gripping the nightstand as I pulled myself up to a standing position proved to be the hardest task ever. My pride kept me from mind linking someone.

Slowly, I took each step to the kitchen, forcing each wave of nausea back down my throat. My skin was on fire as sweat glistened all over my body. I was halfway there when I lost my balance. My body hit the hardwood floor all at once, the scorching pain causing me to blackout.

It felt like forever when I came to. I half expected to still be on my living room floor but, instead, I was back in bed. A cool rag rested on my forehead while my back laid up against a hard surface.

"You're okay. I'm here and your okay" a voice I so missed whispered.

"Damon" I sighed laying back and looking up into those crystal eyes I thought I would never see again.

"Here drink this" he hummed handing me a glass of water.

"Why are you here?" I asked putting the glass back on the table along with the cool towel.

"Are you hungry? I can make you something" he suggested acting like he didn't hear a word I said.

"No. Answer the question Damon. I didn't call you so, why are you here?" I repeated sitting up so, I could look at him.

"A couple of days ago, I was laying in the hospital feeling like death was upon me. I come here and you look way worse than I did. Why didn't you call me?" Damon murmured.

"You know why" I sighed.

"Be that as it may, we're connected and I'd want to know if something happened to you. I'm not a monster" he said getting out the bed. He stood there a moment not looking at me before he turned around and made eye contact.

"And I am?" I asked.

"I didn't say that" Damon muttered his eyes glancing to the ground away from my face.

"You were thinking it though. I killed Rose. I'm the monster, literally" I spoke.

"I didn't come here for that Bonnie" he hummed.

"Then why are you here?!? Why are you fucking here Damon?!?" I snapped standing up but, my movement was too fast so I ended up sitting back down.

"Cause we need each other! Cause I can't allow you to just die knowing I could have done something, okay" he argued.

"You said you hated me" I whispered.

"I also said that I loved you. That doesn't just disappear. You need me so I'll be here. I know how much you care for your pack and they would be lost if you died. Besides, I've already lost one person I loved and I can't imagine going through it again especially, with my mate" he told me.

"Thank you, and I'm sorry" I muttered.

"Don't. Don't apologize" Damon hissed.

"Damon-" I started but, he cut me off.

"Bonnie just leave it alone" he stated. The Alpha in me wanted to fight back, to make sure I said my piece but, I withheld. It didn't take a genius to know that the topic of Rose was off limits and caused him pain.

"So are you staying?" I questioned.

"Yeah" he exhaled coming to sit next to me on the bed. My skin tingled with how close he was.

"How long?" I murmured.

"As long as you need me" he replied. The words would make any woman swoon. I was happy to hear them but, I knew we were far from okay. I had my mate back but, for how long.

👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽
You have been waiting for this chapter and here you are. Damon finally went back but, he hasn't moved past anything. I mean cause when have I ever made things that easy. Anyways next we see how he feels about being back. Also, the mate bond.

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽