Chapter 21: You Over Her Any Day

Damon's Pov

I watched Bonnie run out the door. I felt the need to chase after  her but, I ignored it. I knew she wanted space. Rubbing my face, I thought about what she said about Rose being a hunter.

I couldn't believe it. I mean I would have known if my best friend hunted werewolves. It was just crazy and I needed proof. I mean it wasn't like I didn't trust Bonnie but, this was just outrageous.

"I don't like you" Caroline spoke coming back into the room. By the glare on her face, I didn't doubt her statement.

"I didn't mean to hurt her" I sighed trying to defend myself.

"You did though. The relationship with mates in the begining is a delicate, fragile one. Anything could set your significant other off especially, wolves. Our emotions are already heighten but, it's worse during the mating process" she explained.

"I didn't know but, I'm starting to notice. I have to see Rose. If you guys are holding her here as a prisoner, I need to talk to her" I stated.

"That isn't my decision to make. You'd have to talk to our Alpha. You know the one you just sent running out of here. I suggest you go and find your mate" she scoffed before leaving.

"Shit" I groaned.

Taking a deep breath, I left the pack house. I didn't know how I was going to find Bonnie. This place was surrounded by a forest and unlike all the other people that stayed here, I didn't have a wolf to help me sniff her out. I had to find her though, not just to find out the truth about Rose but, to apologize for hurting her.

That was the last thing I ever wanted to do. Ever since I've met Bonnie she has shown me how kind she was. She cares for everyone in her life and I was her mate. The person she had been waiting most of her life for and here I was, nothing like how she dreamed. This experience had to be the farthest from her fantasy and I felt like it was all of my fault.

Deciding to suck it up, I began to trek through the forest. Pushing past branches, I kept the thought of Bonnie in my head. She was amazing and she deserved someone who could match that. Someone who would do anything to make her happy because from what I saw do far she was deserving of it.

After what seemed like forever I came upon a clearing. I was about to give up and turn back when I saw her. I instantly blushed when I noticed her naked form sitting by a boulder. Slowly I went over, keeping my eyes trained on the ground.

"What are you doing here?" she asked without looking at me.

"I wanted to find you" I sighed glancing up at her.

"Why?" Bonnie questioned.

"I was worried after you ran out like that. I needed to know you were okay" I muttered.

"Well I'm not so, you can leave Damon" she responded.

"Bonnie I'm sorry. The last thing I ever wanted to do was to hurt you. Though, it seems like thats all I've been doing lately. I know that you expected more for a mate than me and I'm sorry I didn't live up your dream" I said looking back down.

"I'm not some little girl Damon. I didn't expect for us to get together and live happily ever after. I knew that my mate wasn't going to be perfect and I didn't want you to be. Now, I did want you to have eyes for only me but, I guess that was just too much to ask for" she stated getting up and finally looking at me. I turned to the side as not to stared at her naked body.

"I do only have eyes for you Bonnie. Your the first girl I've found myself showing interest in. Most I was too scared to even talk too, less date" I confessed.

"And Rose?" she spoke

"She's my best friend,....actually my only friend. I'm not good at letting people close. I never have been so, for me to actually have a friend is huge. I care about Rose but, not in the same way I do you. I'm not in love with her" I breathed.

"How can I believe you? You can't even look me in the face when you say that" Bonnie scoffed.

"W-well um t-that's because y-your naked" I replied and I knew my face looked like a tomato.

"I'm pretty sure you've seen women naked before Damon" she sighed and thats when I realized it was time to fess up and tell her the truth. She wasn't the only one with a secret.

"Actually, Bonnie I haven't. I'm a virgin" I whispered turning to look her in the eye.

Her facial expression was one I was all too familiar with. Shock. Most people didn't believe I was 23 years old and still a virgin. That I have yet to experience one sexual act with another person past kissing.

"Are you telling me the truth?" she asked.

"Yes" I answered and thats when I saw the flash of fluorescent green in her eyes letting me know her wolf was just below the surface.

"Give me your jacket please" Bon murmured and I handed it to her. She put it on before coming toward me.

"Are you okay?" I questioned worried.

"I'm fine" she told me.

"I love you and I'll always choose you, ok" I hummed softly touching her hand.

"I love you too" she stated before pulling me toward her for a kiss. I could feel the power she possessed and it just reminded me of how close her wolf was. I wasn't scared though because I had faith my mate would never hurt me.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Finally finished this chapter. I didn't really know what to write so, I hope it turned out Ok. Next, Damon confronts Rose and she goes off.

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸