Chapter 17: A Alpha's Instincts

Bonnie's Pov

After Damon told me he loved me I felt amazing

After Damon told me he loved me I felt amazing. My wolf relished in the fact our mate didn't reject us. Though it wasn't until we had sex that the mate bond would be complete. I'd have to bite and leave my mark on him. Until then he could still reject the bond although I highly doubt it.

"Were you ever going to tell me about this?" Damon asked as we walked around. I wanted to show him our land and also if the pack members saw us together they wouldn't be worried about a stranger.

"Eventually

"Eventually. It's hard to bring humans into our world because most don't understand. We'd be telling people that the stories they heard as children are actually true and some can't handle it. That's why it's forbidden, unless it deals with mates. If we stay in the shadows it lowers the dangers toward us" I explained.

"What kind of dangers?" he questioned.

"Rogues and hunters. Rogues are werewolves that went insane. They've lost all of their humanity and gained bloodlust for other wolves. While hunters are humans that know of our existence and seek to wipe us from the world entirely" I sighed looking down.

"Which is worst?" he asked.

"Hunters. They can hide in plain sight and cause more pain" I murmured stopping.

"Bonnie are you okay? I'm sorry if I did something wrong" he spoke looking at me with worry.

"No, you didn't do anything. It's just some bad memories resurfaced that's all" I sighed.

"You wanna talk about it" he said.

"When I was 10 years old a group of hunters attacked us. It was completely unexpected and late at night. We were able to stop then do to the night patrol but, it wasn't without casualties. They ended up killing my grandmother" I told him.

"I'm so sorry" he whispered giving me a hug.

"We later found out that it was one of the wolves human mates. She chose her family over the mate bond. Her family happened to be hunters. The girl was raised to hate and despise us. She was killed in the battle and her mate died a week later from suicide. It was a hard time" I mumbled.