Chapter 6

Rogue's pov

I walked home with Levy as we followed Gajeel and Starlight. I had told Levy about what I had found out about Starlight but only her since she was a close friend

Flashback

I walked up to the canteen as Levy saw me. "Hey Rogue" she smiled. "Hey" I replied glumly. "OK I know your name is 'Rogue' and you normally act all emotions a lot of the time but you seem gloomier than normal" Levy told me. She obviously wanted to know what had me down so I sighed and gave in.

"I just saw Starlight and she had blood stains on her short and when I looked at her arm........" I stopped, recalling what I saw. I used to hate Starlight but now I'm starting to warm up to her. I've noticed how she isn't as cold to me as Gajeel since when I tried to talk to them she didn't insult me so when I saw the blood on her shirt I was hoping so much that it wasn't blood and just spilled ink or paint but to my horror it was cuts that went quite far up her arms and I knew what kind of cuts those were.

They weren't the kind that you would get in a fight, they were the kind you would get from a blade or piece of glass or something sharp like that and no one in this school fought with something like that.

"When you looked at her arm what?" Levy asked. "I saw scars that could only be made by a sharp object" I replied. "WHAT!!!" Levy yelled in shock. "Keep it down. I don't want over people to hear" I told her as she covered her mouth and nodded.

"So your saying that she's self harming" Levy whisper asked. "I think so but I'm not sure" I replied. "Why don't we follow them and record what they do on your phone tonight and we can find out what's going on with them" Levy suggested.

"Sure" I replied before we headed off to the canteen to meet the rest of our friends.

End of Flashback

We followed the two of them secretly, my phone in hand as they walked up the front of the lawn of a house. I noticed that both of them seemed to get quite nervous as they approached the door. I watched as the door was pushed open and the two walked inside.

Levy and I rushed over to one of the windows and looked inside, still filming what was going on. A tall man with silvery grey hair and an eye patch over his left eye sat on the couch, a bottle of alcohol in hand as he chugged down what was in the bottle.

I spotted tons of glass bottles that were on the floor and the coffee table as both Starlight and Gajeel walked into the room. Both had they're heads low and seemed to be shaking. "What do you think they're doing" Levy asked, looking at me. I shrugged and continued to watch what was going on through the window.

The man who I assumed must be Metalicana stood in front of them and started yelling as the two winced back a little. Starlight then spoke up before covering her mouth and panic spread across both of they're faces. Metalicana seemed to get even angrier as he clutched onto the bottle in his hand and hit it into the side of Gajeel's head as blood dropped onto the floor.

"Oh my Mavis" Levy spoke softly but was probably in just as much shock as I was due to her facial expression. I looked back through the window and saw Starlight getting hit on the arm by a bottle,right where I saw the scars earlier today.

Metalicana then went to slap Gajeel but Starlight got in the way and was slapped instead, right in the eye. Gajeel seemed to be in panic as Metalicana looked at them, said something and turned away.

I stopped recording the video at that moment and turned to Levy. "We should call our friends and get them to meet us at your place" she told me. I nodded and we notified all our friends and went to my house.

I saw my dad in the living room doing something. He turned to me and smiled as I ran over and said "Hey dad, my friends are coming over so just let them in and yes I had a good day at school" before rushing up the stairs.

Levy had set my phone up to the computer just as my friends arrived and we played them the video.

"Wait so this is real and not fake right" Natsu asked. "It's real. We spied on them and got this video" Levy replied. "Well I guess we will talk to them tomorrow" Erza explained as we all nodded in agreement.

The others stayed for dinner before leaving to go back to they're homes as I settled into my bed, Frosch curled up next to me. I stroked his fur but couldn't help but worry about how Starlight was doing. I didn't want to admit it but I think I was starting to develop feelings for her.

I sighed and closed my eyes as I let myself fall into the welcoming arms of sleep