Chapter 12

Before I start. I just wanted to let you guys know that I just published a new book. It's fairy tail and it's about Rufus and Orga. It's a ship book because I totally ship these two so if your interested, go check it out

***

Gajeel's pov

I sat in class, pencil in hand a simple stared blankly at the maths book in front of me. 'Why does Starlight have to be gone. I'm no good at this stuff on my own' I thought, still staring at my jotter which was blank and the textbook.

'I hate maths' I thought, clutching my hand around the pencil tight which almost snapped. I let out a breath and looked up as the teacher, Mr Bob started going over the questions. I bent over and hit my head off of the table in frustration.

'Why do I have to be so reliant on my sister' I asked in my head as I looked up to make sure no one was staring at me. I sighed and held my head up with my hand as I zoned out from boredom.

***

Levy's pov

I sat at a table with the others when my phone vibrated. I pulled it out and saw it was a text from Rogue. I unlocked my phone and looked at the text which read

Do you think you could ask Sting to give me any homework our class gets, I would have asked him myself but my texts aren't going through.

I looked up and leaned across the table, tapping his arm. "What's wrong Levy" Sting asked, looking at me. "Rogue wants to know if you can give him a copy of any homework while he's gone" I explained. Sting nodded before going back to talking.

He said it's fine so yeah. Not sure if he has homework right now. Anyway how's Starlight

She's not in the best state. She fell asleep on me last night but woke up screaming during the night. My dad and I kept asking what was wrong and she was saying how she wouldn't say because she didn't want to be sent to a mental hospital and that she'd only tell Gajeel

I think Gajeel is similar. We got given homework in my class and when we got back to my house all he did was stare at the sheet with a pencil.

Maybe they rely on each other so much that when they are separated then it becomes harder for them to cope.

I'm going to go talk to Gajeel. I'll ask him about it

I then turned my phone off and got up, walking over to where Gajeel was sitting alone. "Hi" I spoke. He looked up for about 2 seconds before looking back down at his lunch. "Can we talk" I asked. No reply.

Gajeel was just staring down at his lunch tray, clearly trying not to look up. "It's about Starlight" I added. This instantly got his attention. He looked up at me, his crimson red eyes meeting with my brown ones. We held a stare for a couple of minutes before I finally spoke again.

"Rogue told me that she had a nightmare last night and she wouldn't tell him or his father about it. Do the two of you have some kind of connection where you only trust each other" I explained. It was clear that he was deciding whether to tell me or not.

After a few minutes, he finally sighed and turned to me. "Starlight and I do have a strong connection. It's because we could only rely on each other during all the years that we were beat up. I help her with her nightmares while she helps me with school stuff" he explained. I instantly texted Rogue this and put my phone back in my pocket, kind of waiting for a reply.

Gajeel looked into my eyes before he spoke in a very quite voice. "Your cute" before bringing his hands over his mouth like he hadn't meant to say that. "You think I'm cute" I asked in disbelief. "What. No. Your hearing things" he denied very quickly.

"Okay Gajeel. Your going to tell me what you feel towards me and don't lie" I told him. He face instantly turned bright red and it was clear that he was flustered. "Ummmmm" he started, seeming to be at a loss for words.

I sat on the seat opposite him, just waiting for his reply as he just looked around the canteen, as if looking for a way out of this. "Ummmmm........ I....... I...... Kinda...... Maybe........ Like........ You" he spoke, taking big breaks between words. I looked at him and he gulped before adding something on. "Okay. I like you a lot"

I stared at him, my jaw gaped open in shock as he blushed bright red and I felt heat rise to my cheeks. "Never mind. It's stupid and-" he started but I cut him off. "I love you too" at this he instantly froze. He wasnt moving and I started to wonder if he was even breathing at this point.

He blinked in disbelief a couple of times before shaking his head and putting his hand behind his head. "OK, well, will you go on a date with me" he asked blushing. "Umm OK" I relied before my phone vibrated. I pulled it out and read a text from Rogue.

You'll never guess what just happened just now

Is it on a similar level to Gajeel asking me out on a date

Wait what. Oh my.........

What's wrong

Well I just asked Starlight out and she said yes.

At that point Gajeel slammed his head down on the table. He had his phone in hand and I spotted a conversation between him and Starlight and the most recent text was Starlight telling Gajeel that Rogue had asked her out.

I think Gajeel knows

I'm so dead

Maybe he'll agree to a double date. That way we can help each other.

I then went to Gajeel and spoke. "Hey Gajeel. Want to do a double date with Rogue and Starlight" I asked. "How did you know That they were going on a date" Gajeel asked, raising a studded eyebrow. "Rogue told me" I replied. "Well OK. I guess that's alright with me" he replied.

I immediately texted Rogue who seemed to be relieved about this but then the bell rang and we had to head to class. 'I'm so excited and nervous' I thought.