Part Six: "killing is murder"

Dominic
I banged on Cinnamon's door three times, and nobody answered.
"Open the door now it's the police" I shouted.

Her front door slowly creaked opened. "Oh, have you got to ask me more questions?" her voice stuttered indicating she was petrified. Good, she killed my best friend and she was going to get what she deserved.

"You are under arrest for the murder of Peter Moore" I took a pair of hand cuffs out my back pocket.

"What the hell! You already arrested me yesterday I'm on out bail! I don't understand"

I stepped closer into her home and looked her directly in her deep brown eyes. I couldn't repress her extreme beauty. But she was a prostitute, and a murderer and so her beauty meant nothing. "what are you on about? No I didn't just shut up. You are already in trouble and you think it's a good idea to lie? What the hell is going on through that dumb head of yours?"

***
It was an extremely strenuous task to drag Cinnamon down to the station. She was so adamant on the fact that I had already arrested her, but I knew she was lying.

"What's going"? Jeffrey my boss charged up to me "who called for another arrest because it wasn't me" he slammed his brief case on top of the reception counter in anger "why doesn't anyone f*****g tell me anything around here"

"Stop Jeffrey... what do you mean by another arrest? You told me to arrest her with Leon, the police officer, but I couldn't find him so I did it myself" I pushed Cinnamon forward "what shall we do with her?"

"I want you to take her out of those cuffs and send her home! You already arrested her AND questioned her with Leon! Dominic I'm putting you off this case go get some help because in there" Jeffrey poked the left temple on my face "something is wrong in there and I can't have someone like you who is losing their mind on such an important case"

Jeffrey turned his head to face Cinnamon "I'm sorry for this inconvenience you're still on bail, if Dominic approaches you now you have my consent to ignore whatever buffoonery he says"

Buffoonery?? I was doing my job. I had no memory of arresting Cinnamon in was like yesterday was a complete blur to me. But I knew for a fact that I was a pretty good detective, and I was not going to let this case slip out of my fingers so easily.

***
Cinnamon
I was sat in Starbucks explaining the perplexing situation that i had with Dominic today to Olivia and Lance. It felt so good to let my steam off by talking to the two people who knew me best. On top of that, I was eternally grateful that Lance had stepped back into my life, I couldn't hold a grudge against him because everything was so natural when I was with him... as if we were meant to be.

"Your life just keeps getting dramatic by the second Cinnamon" Olivia laughed "but I better get going Cinammon" Olivia got up to embrace me in a hug "Dirk is going to be coming soon and I haven't even started on out dinner haha"

"Aw well give Dirk my love, i'm so glad things between you two are going well" I smiled at her. Olivia and Dirk were a perfect pair, they shared a true love.

Olivia raised her eyebrows and then looked over at Lance "and I'm glad thing between you and Lance are cute... even though he was a piece of trash in the past" she formed her mouth into a grimaced smile "but people change" she then went and hugged Lance "Bye!"

As me and Lance were walking out, he intertwined his warm and veiny hand into mine.

I quickly let loose and turned around to look at him. We both stopped in the middle of the pavement and it felt as if time had stopped.

"Cinnamon things are going great between us, so would you like to come over in like 3 hours to my new house? I need some advice on redecorating and I just love being with to be honest haha" Lance's words slipped so eloquently and swiftly from his plump lips. He was so dreamy and handsome and charming, I always got butterflies whenever I was around him.

"I agree to that haha" I smiled.

4 hours later...

Wow... I thought to myself as I arrived at Lance's house. It was the cutest bungalow I had ever seen, the kind a retired elderly couple would live in. The outside spotlights shone and showcased the beautiful marigolds that were planted in a perfect straight line just outside the gates that led to the house. Considering Lance had only just moved here, he had bagged himself a beautiful home.

Lance's front door was open, and as I pushed it open my jaw dropped. I could here screaming and pleading coming from the room on the left. I ran in selflessly to see Lance punching Dominic on the floor. The punches that her threw were light, Lance had never been a violent person but to have seen him in this state was shocking.

"Lance! What are you doing" I tried to pull him off but I was pushed away.

Lance
2 hours earlier...

"Perfect" I said to myself as I observed the roast dinner I had prepared for Cinnamon's long anticipated arrival. I still was in awe about how well things had been going, despite how we'd left things years ago. Coming to Pennsylvania was the best decision I had made and having Cinnamon as my girl again didn't seem far fetched. I decided that tonight I was going to tell Cinnamon the whole truth.

Door bell rings

I looked at my watch... Cinnamon was early. "It's open" I said.

As I watched from across the hallway I saw a dark ominous figure appear. Terror etched my skin as I trembled. As the figure walked closer into my home his dark and shadowed face hit the light revealing his true identity. It was Dominic.

"What the heck is wrong with you?" my terror was erased "go away Dominic I thought we said our peace at the mall"

Dominic sniggered and then formed his mouth into an eerie smile "you think you can come back here, swoop in and steal MY girl" he prodded my chest with his sturdy finger "and after all I've done for you, for your murdering dad"

"My dad is not a murderer! It was an accident!" I shouted "I don't owe you any favours Dominic, all you did was help prove my dad's innocence and I already paid for that by dumping Cinnamon and leaving her!"

"Your dad killed 3 people in that car crash and last time I checked killing is murder" Dominic was about a centimeter away from my face and everytime he shouted I felt his warm breath brush against my skin.

"It's in the past Dominic he drove to avoid a cat you know this why are you here bringing it up" I was genuinely confused "if this is about Cinnamon you had years to get close to her after you forced me to break up with her but you obviously didn't love her enough because she isn't with you! So go away!"

Dominic scrunched up his face and his bright blue eyes dilated as he grabbed me by my collar "listen you muppet, your precious Cinnamon is a slut" his grip on my clothes tightened and the back of my shirt started digging into my neck "she's a prostitute, well a call girl to be precise" he laughed "she sleeps with men for money, is that what we are here fighting over? A worthless whore..."

"DONT YOU DARE CALL HER THAT" with every ounce of force in my system I threw Dominic against my wooden laminated floor "She's not a whore" I knelt over him and began to punch his face. It felt almost orgasmic to feel my knuckles hit his prominent cheekbones. Since high school Dominic had treated me as an inferior, but now the tables had turned. But my joy and sadistic approach had been distinguished when I heard Cinnamon's terrified voice behind me.