Part Thirteen: "I'd like to propose"

Cinnamon
Olivia was over in attempt to cheer me up about the devastating news of Lance's tragic passing. Despite what he said about me in court I still deeply missed him and was in disbelief that he was gone. I had cried all night and had looked at photos and videos that I had always stored on my computer.
I watched the the little video I made when we both went to Disney Land and dressed up as Peter and Wendy from Peter Pan. We had shared beautiful memories together that I would never forget.

"Hey Cinnamon, he's gone. Don't think about it" Olivia coldly said. "You have enough on your plate you have another court date in a week, focus on that okay"

I nodded my head. "You're right. But what sucks is that I won't even get to say goodbye to Lance, because if this stupid thing" I pointed to the tracker that was wrapped around my ankle "I can't go anywhere" I felt a warm tear trickle down my cheek.

Olivia grabbed my hands gently and slowly brought them up to my chest "Lance is in there,  he always will be".

I dug the palm of my hand into my chest. "Yes"

As I stirred up some margaritas for myself and Olivia, I suddenly remembered the day I had spent with Dominic and didn't occur to me until now to reveal the risqué details to my best friend.

"Olivia... don't judge but" I giggled and handed her the cocktail glass "I may or may not have got down and dirty with Dominic Crawford"

I watched her jaw drop in shock. "Seriously? That judgmental moron? Why would you do that" she had a concerned expression painted across her glowing, bronze coloured skin.

"I thought he was a moron too, but he's been there for me Olivia, and he believes that it's not me who killed those men"

Olivia sipped her martini "Well then girl, give me the details how was he?" she leaned forward on the counter top, eager for more.

"He was perfect. Everything was perfect. I haven't experienced that kind of sex before in a long time, since Lance" I scrunched my face up.

"Hey Hey!" Olivia picked up my glass and forced it into my hand "drink up, this is a no tears club"

I shook my head and chuckled "Look at me, I'm a suspect of murder and here I am embracing my alcoholism" I lifted my glass up "Cheers to that"
And then my door bell rang. I wasn't expecting anybody but I guessed it would be Dominic.

To no surprise when I opened the door there stood Dominic, looking like a hot mess. In his hand were a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

 In his hand were a beautiful bouquet of flowers

"Wow, Dominic. Sunflowers are my favourite, thank you so much they're gorgeous." I said and brought him inside

Dominic smiled at me "They're gorgeous like you"

Olivia peered in and quickly grabbed her bag and jacket "It's getting late I better leave" she gave me a quick hug and kissed my cheek. "Hi Dominic" she awkwardly said, but Dominic blanked her.

"Bye Olivia, drive safely" I said.

When Olivia left a thick silence loomed over my home. Dominic had put the flowers he brought in a vase and placed them on my coffee table.

"Didn't think you were still friends with Olivia" Dominic said.

I gulped in fear. I could see streaks of judgmental Dominic coming through.

"She's my best friend"

Dominic scoffed. "No such thing as best friends Cinnamon" he slouched back and ran his fingers through his hair "I'd like to propose a plan to you Cinnamon"

I stared at his face, fearing what he was going to say.

"Let's runaway" he bit his lip "I want to be with you, I don't care about your past, about your job anymore. You can be with me and not ever have to be a call girl again, I can look after you"

I stared at him dumbfounded. It didn't ever occur to me that Dominic wanted a relationship, but what he was saying was crazy. "Are you serious" I said in shock "I have a tracker around my foot, and where would we even go" I scrunched up my face "I wish we could runaway and be together but it will never happen"

"Have faith in me. I'm willing to drop my whole life for you and you're worried about pathetic things. I will get someone to remove that tracker for you it's not hard Cinnamon, I have contacts" he cupped his hands around mine "I'll worry about everything, I'll sort it out. All you need to do is pack a handbag with essentials and bring your passport" He gave me a hopeful look which made me trust him.

"Okay. Let's do it. Let's runaway" I smiled.