Part Eighteen: "I want the truth"

Last day in the hotel
Cinnamon

It was our last day in the hotel we had until 3pm to check out. It was 2pm already. Dominic lay fast asleep between the satin sheets of our double bed. I decided to let him stay asleep as last night I felt him tossing and turning tremendously, and constantly waking up to go to the bathroom. I figured he didn't get a good sleep.

I picked up the hotel telephone and dialed Olivia's number.

"Hello? Who's this?" she asked once she picked it up.

"Cinnamon" I said "I made it to the hotel last night, everything is running smoothly"

"That's great" she solemnly said "I'm so happy for you" she continued. But she didn't sound happy, her voice had a fearful tone to it. "Cinnamon, Lance was murdered, somebody tampered with his brakes..."

"What?" I said in disbelief "that can't be true, who would want to do that to Lance?" I questioned further.

"The police checked out his car to see what caused the accident because, and his brakes had been messed with, his engine had been messed with too"

"Oh." I didn't know what else to say to her. It seemed surreal to think that Lance had an enemy who hated him enough to murder him. "Do they know who it is?"

"No, not yet... but I have someone in mind"she started speaking quickly "You need to listen to me carefully-"

My conversation was interrupted by Dominic grabbing me by my shoulder "Who are you talking to?" he asked.

"It's Olivia, I almost done talking to her" I told him and then put the phone back against my ear. "I'm listening Olivia"

But then Dominic slowly took the phone out of my hand and turned it off. "You've spoken to her now" he said "we have things to prepare for, not silly gossip" he said.

"But, Lance was murdered on purpose, she was going to tell me..." I stopped talking once I noticed how irritated Dominic looked.

"I'm putting my life on the line here for YOU" he pointed his index finger towards me aggressively "and you are here worrying about a deceased man" he shook his head.

"I'm sorry" I said as I trembled. "Let's go down to the lobby and check out"
**
Dominic rang the bell on the reception three times. But nobody came. "Where's the staff?" he shouted out towards a lobby boy.

A short man dressed head to toe in red came over and said "I'm sorry sir, our receptionist, Conrad, hasn't been seen since last night, he is our most reliable worker and so it's peculiar to see him have time off"

As the lobby boy was still speaking I saw Dominic quickly scurry up towards the stairs and watched how he ran up them at lightning speed. Maybe her forgot something I thought. Just then, a loud police siren went off outside the hotel. My pupils dilated wide as I feared the worst.

"Um, what's the erm the p-police doing here?" I stuttered. My attempt at sounding strong failed.

"The manager called them, we have reason to believe that Conrad has been kidnapped" he leaned in closer and started to whisper "between you and me he always getting threats off angry boyfriend because of how flirtatious he was, but he was harmless"

My head felt clammy and I could feel a huge lump travelling up my throat. I quickly ran into the elevator and slipped down onto the floor. A whole load of theories kept swirling around in my mind. Dominic has done something, Dominic kidnapped Conrad. I kept telling myself that I was being stupid and that this theory was far-fetched but the way Dominic fled the scene once we heard Conrad had gone missing made him look immensely guilty.

I took a deep breath as I stood before the door that led to our hotel room. Inhale and exhale I thought, before I opened the door.

Dominic was frantically packing his bag, tossing everything in there like an animal.

"Dominic" I said straight up "you didn't have anything to do with that receptionist going missing because there are police here now who are going to find out what happened".

He stopped in his tracks and had an emotionless expression on his face "are you seriously asking me that, I'm offended" he said.

"I don't know okay. You ran away with guilt" I whined.

"ARRGHHHH" he shouted deeply and I saw his hand charge at me with tremendous fast speed as he slapped me hard. I felt my cheek tingle as I withered with pain. "You dumb whore! Why can't you just be happy, and be grateful. You just have to accuse me of things and ruin everything" he shouted louder. He was lucky that this hotel had thick walls, but I was unlucky. I witnessed his whole aura transform into something that was worse than judgemental Dominic. Right before me, was not Dominic, but a dangerous monster.

I backed away from him. But he edged in closer.

"I want the truth Dominic"

- - -
what do you think will happen to cinnamon? will she learn the truth finally, or will dominic lie? and will she runaway to france with him?

if you are enjoying this story pls show your support my voting and commenting! i really appreciate it.
this story is ending very soon so if you have enjoyed it please share it with your followers.

thank you so so so much, i know i haven't got thousands of reads on this story, just a couple hundred but it means so much that even a few hundred people are actually reading my work. so thank you xoxo