Part Sixteen: "la vie en rose"

Hey beauties, hope you enjoy this part
i listened to "Rise" by Selena Gomez on repeat as I wrote this part as it's so uplifting
- -

Cinnamon
We were approaching closer to the huge line of cars. "What are we meant to do Dominic?" I questioned.

"We need to head that way in order to get to Philadelphia so there's no way we can avoid it" he stared at my face for a moment "and you still look like you even with that wig" he slowly pulled up on an empty street "there's only one thing to do" he stretched over my lap and opened the car door "get into the boot of the car Cinnamon"

"What the hell Dominic!" I said, his idea was not thought out right.

"Just get in or we'll both be done for" he said sternly. So I quietly obeyed him and ran into the boot of the car.

As Dominic was speeding towards the line of cars my whole body was swaying left to right in the boot. I was constantly hitting my arms and legs roughly on the sides of the cars.
Then all of a sudden Dominic stopped the car. I guess we had reached the huge car search.

After about 20 minutes, I think, I heard Dominic roll down his car window.

Dominic
"Hey officer" I said. There was a police officer peering his head into my car window with a flashlight "What's going on?" I, pretending to be oblivious, asked.

"A girl under lock down has gone missing, and we tracked her phone to be last used around this area, do you know anything about it?"

I shook my head, "Wait are you on about that Kaplan woman?"

"Yes, her"

I dug my hand into the pocket of my jacket and retrieved my detective badge which I had kept, despite quitting, and showed the officer "I'm detective Crawford I was on that case, I can't believe she's escaped, good luck finding her"

"Detective, what are you doing out on a road trip this late" he annoyingly asked.

"Going to drive down to Bethlehem to see my parents, it's my dad's birthday in two days" I lied right through my teeth.

"Well safe journey sir" he raised his hand up to his head and saluted me "All clear here" he shouted"

What a cretin, I thought.

**
Cinnamon
After driving for a long while, I felt Dominic finally pull up and he called out "It's safe to come out now"

I climbed out and met Dominic outside. "I stopped at a gas station so we could freshen up, we'll arrive at the hotel in about 2 hours" we then parted ways as Dominic headed to the convenience store and I headed to the toilets.

**
I must've fallen asleep because I suddenly felt an aggressive shake on my arm.

"Wake up!"

I slowly fluttered my eyes open and I was struck with a huge light beaming from outside the cars.

I felt Dominic's warm hand grab mine delicately and kiss the top of it "We've finally made it beautiful"

We got out the car and I leaned my head back to observe the hotel.

"It's magnificent" I said in awe "I can't believe we are staying here"

"It's the Kimpton Hotel" He turned around and spread out his arms to accentuate the beauty of the hotel. But truthfully, the hotel looked like trash compared to Dominic and his perfect structured face "Only the best for my girlfriend"

I felt extremely euphoric. Every inch of me beamed as I stood and appreciated the man that was standing in front of me.

"Voir la vie en rose" I said joyfully and leaped into his arms feeling like a princess.

He laughed as he twirled me around. "What does that mean?"

I held his face with both of my hands. "It means looking at life with through rose-coloured glasses" I stared into his heavenly deep blue eyes "and with you Dominic, life is beautiful"

- -
Hey loves.
this was such an optimistic part, i loved writing it so so much :)
Your votes/comments would be appreciated
aloha xoxo