1.

Richmond, Virginia

November 16th

6:30am

Riley

It was currently snowing outside as I sat in bed, writing in my journal. It's 6:30am and I'm only up so early because school is cancelled. There is way too much snow on the ground for anyone to make it there, safely at least. I was happy school was cancelled today but I was already dressed and ready so now I can't go back to sleep.

I jotted down things in my journal for a while as I watched snow fall from my window. I had a huge bay window in my room and a small balcony where I would sit sometimes when I wanted to relax outside and get some air.

My phone rang interrupting me from my thoughts, I sat my pen down and reached for it.

Incoming call :
Bestie🤪

I answered once I saw who it was. It was my best friend Amaru.

"Hello." I said into the phone, grabbing my pen again and started writing.

"I'm on my way to your house." He said.

"It's 6:35 in the morning." I whined, scribbling onto the page.

"I know, I went all the way to school and nobody was there." He said laughing making me laugh as well.

"You didn't watch the news dummy?" I asked.

"Nope." He said.

"I don't feel like going home and I want to spend this wonderful morning with my bestest friend." He added.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." I rolled my eyes as he laughed. He knew he was full of it.

"Seriously though. I'm on way." He said.

"Okay, I'll tell my mom to let you in." I said before we hung up.

I put my phone and pen down as I got up from my bed. I walked over to my closet and walked inside looking for some sweatpants to throw on. I got undressed out of my uniform and I ended up putting on my black joggers and a black crop top to match. I wasn't doing anything today so I dressed comfortable.

I walked out of my closet and slid on my slippers as I put my hair up into a ponytail. I left out of my room and down the staircase and the smell of food immediately hit my nostrils. I walked quickly to the kitchen and my mom was swaying her hips and dancing around as she cooked.

"Drunk in love, we be all night!" She sang as I raised my eyebrows and fell into a fit of laughter.

"Mom." I called and she turned around quickly.

"I did not see you there Riley." She laughed as she turned the music down.

"Yeah but I saw you." I said shaking my head as I went to the fridge and grabbed an Arizona iced tea.

"Are you hungry?" She asked and I shook my head no, I'm never hungry when I wake up early.

"You don't have school today?" She asked.