8.

The Next Night

December 23rd

10:35pm

Riley

"Be my date this christmas eve, be my holiday, my dream, lay your head on me, I got you babe. Kissing underneath the tree, I don't need no presents girl, you're everything I need, let me give you all of me, together on this Christmas Eve." I sang along to Justin Bieber's - Christmas Eve song from his Christmas Album as I straighten up my room. Christmas Eve isn't until tomorrow but I was in the holiday spirit.

I had just got home from being out with Amani. We went to the arcade and then went to get something eat. Amaru said he had something to do so he couldn't come out with us today.

"Riley, turn that down some, I'm going to bed." My mom yelled from the hallway.

"Ok." I yelled back, turning the music down a bit.

My phone then buzzed lowering my music for a few seconds before it went back to it's normal volume. I looked at my screen and it was a message from Amani.

Mani: So, did you guys make it official yet? - 10:40pm

Me: 😂 omg Mani, no. - 10:40pm

Mani: why?😩 - 10:41pm

Me: one day, maybe😘 -10:41pm

I sat my phone down and let my music play as I finished straightening up my room. Mani has been bugging Amaru and I about being together since yesterday. We weren't together yet because we wanted to take things slow. Especially with him just getting out of a relationship with Amanda and some what Jayla. I'm not even sure if he let things go with Jayla yet.

I finished up my room and pushed my thoughts to the back of my mind, I then took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. Once I finished with everything, I looked at the time and it was 11:13pm. I turned all of my lights off and I hopped in bed without any clothes on and pulled the covers over my ice cold body. I was so warm, I wasn't getting up for anything.

I closed my eyes and tried to make myself go to sleep before my phone rang interrupting me. My phone was sitting next to my speaker so I wasn't getting up to get it, whoever it was would just have to talk to me tomorrow. It stopped ringing after a while and I relaxed more into my bed but that didn't last long because soon after, my phone was ringing again.

"Oh my god!" I yelled flipping the covers back and getting out of my bed.

I walked over to my speaker and grabbed my phone. I looked at the caller I.D and it was Amaru. I walked back over to my bed and laid down before answering.

"Hello." I answered in an annoyed voice.

"Damn, am I interrupting something?" He asked.

"Yes." I fussed and he got quiet.

"I'm just joking best friend, what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just wanted to talk to you." He said.

"Aw." I cooed.