10.

Riley

"My baby's here." I heard a female say behind the camera as it shined on Amaru's face.

"What the-" I furrowed my eyebrows, looking over to Mani as she looked at me.

"Who is this recording?" I asked.

"And when was this?" I added.

"Ask him." She nodded her head towards Amaru as he walked back into the living room.

I looked up at him and scolded him. I didn't want to believe that he'd do me dirty. Not my best friend.

I used my index finger to tell him to come here so that I wouldn't cause a scene in front of the family.

He walked over to me and grabbed my hand, pulling me up from the couch. He pulled me to the door and opened it before we walked outside. We made our way to his car before he leaned onto it and looked at me.

"Look-" He started.

"You did me dirty best friend." I cut him off, shaking my head.

"It was nothing Riley." He admitted.

I just stood there collecting myself, trying to keep myself from causing a major scene.

"You don't even have to get all worked up, I only went over there to break things off." He said.

"Wait, who was it?" I asked calmly.

"Jayla." He said.

"Did you do anything with her?" I asked.

"Fuck no." He said appalled.

I looked at him for a while to see if he was lying because I always knew when he was lying.

He wasn't.

"I'm not lying to you Ri." He spoke.

"I know." I sighed.

"You couldn't text her or call her?" I sassed.

"You know me Ri." He said and I rolled my eyes.

Amaru has always been a "gentlemen" , he would never break up with a girl via text or call. Though it made my blood boil, I had no choice but to understand.

"I understand." I nodded, reluctantly.

"So, are we cool?" He asked hopeful.

"Mm." I said pretending to think.

"Riley." He begged making me laugh.

"No, we're still not cool Amaru because you didn't tell me anything about this, so you basically lied to me." I pushed him, playfully.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to think anything was up." He said grabbing my hands as he leaned onto his car.

"You know I tell you everything best friend, come on." He added.