5.

1 week later
December 22, 2016
9:32am

Riley

I walked around school sluggishly, I was so tired and today was the last day until it was officially Christmas break. I was on my way to my second period class but I was walking extremely slow.

When I finally got to my class, I was 5 minutes late. I walked into the class and Elf was playing on the projector screen. I looked over to Amaru who was sitting next to some girl and Amanda was sitting directly behind them. I shook my head and walked to my seat and sat down. I put my head down because I didn't feel like watching the movie, I just wanted to sleep.

**

It seemed as though only 10 minutes went by but before I knew it, class was over. The bell rang and I picked my head up as everyone started leaving class. I got up and walked out of the door and Amaru stood there waiting for me but I brushed passed him and didn't say a word.

"Riley!" He yelled down the hallway causing a scene.

I didn't respond, I just kept walking. I hadn't talked to him in about a week after the stuff with Amanda went down. He called my phone hundreds of times, sent a million text and voicemails but I didn't answer or respond. I just didn't want to be bothered.

I walked down the hall quickly and turned the corner, running into someone.

"I'm so sorry." I said before looking up.

"Oh, hey Bishop." I spoke nonchalantly.

"Hey.." He trailed off.

"Riley, right?" He asked and I nodded.

"Where you headed to?" He asked.

"Lunch." I said looking at my phone for the time.

10:52am

"Me too. Can I walk with you there?" He asked.

"Sure." I shrugged my shoulders as we walked down the hallway.

We walked slowly as we made our way to lunch, we walked down a flight of stairs and through the blue doors and walked down another long hallway before we reached the cafeteria.

"You want to sit with me?" I asked.

"Alright." He said as he followed me to my normal spot I usually sit in.

I watched from a far and Amaru was sitting there with a girl sitting across from him, I instantly became jealous.

Is he trying to replace me with another girl? I thought.

Anyone who knew me knew that Amaru was my best friend and anyone who knew him knew that I was his but I guess this is the way he wanted things to go, so I quickly pushed my thoughts to the back of my mind.

Bishop and I sat at the farther end of the table away from Amaru and the girl he was sitting with. Amaru ended up looking over to Bishop and I.