20.

That night..

Amaru

I was currently in my car, leaving the job interview and I got the job.

I was in a good mood because I could finally get the ring that I wanted to get for Riley but I couldn't even enjoy it because it was so much on my mind. Me And Mani going through it, Amanda and Jayla keep talking shit to Riley and I'm just in the middle of all this, trying to protect the people I love.

I sighed deeply, getting a wrap from my glove compartment. I stopped at a red light and broke down my small bag of weed before I put it inside and rolled it.

Once I was done, I grabbed my lighter from my back pocket, lighting it up before I pulled off from the now green light.

I took a few pulls from it before I put it out and sat it in my cup holder.

A few minutes later, I pulled up to my crib and hopped out of my car.

"Wassup mom." I said to my moms as I walked in.

"Hey, come here." She said, sitting in the living room.

I smacked my lips as I made my way over to her.

"Whats wrong with your hand?" She asked, looking at my bandages.

"Nothing." I shook my head, walking away from her.

"Amaru." She spoke sternly and I sighed, walking back over to her.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I got into it with some niggas." I told her and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"You're out here fighting?" She asked.

I didn't want to snitch on Mani, so I lied and kept it brief.

"Some body said something to Mani and I handled it." I lied and she shook her head.

"In school?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Don't be out here fighting, Amaru. People are always going to say slick stuff, you can't fight the world." She said and I nodded.

"Alright." I nodded about to walk away.

"Did you win?" She asked and I smacked my lips before laughing.

"Of course." I said cockily before walking away and going upstairs.

I walked into my room and turned my light on. I took my clothes off before I hopped in the shower.

I spent about an hour in the shower, clearing my head. When I was done, I put on my briefs and threw on some sweatpants and a hoodie to match. I then slid on my jean jacket then my socks and sneakers. I put on my some deodorant and cologne before I bounced.

"You're leaving back out?" My moms asked.

"Yeah." I told her.

"Alright, be careful and tell Amani to bring her ass home." She said and I nodded.

I left out the door and made my way to my car, I didn't waste no time starting it up and pulling off.