Chapter 4

When I woke up, I found myself hanging from chains with guards in the room. I sigh knowing there's no way to escape.

I hang my head, feeling disappointed in myself. Someone comes into the room and I hear fighting, causing me to shoot my head up. Fighting the guards was Soundwave. He knocks the guards out and releases me from my chains. I fall to the ground and Soundwave helps me up.

"Soundwave? Why are you helping me?", I ask.

I hear a hiss of air and Soundwave removes his visor. He checks me for wounds before answering my question.

"Because Starscream should not have put you in here", he says. I nod still confused.

"So what am I supposed to do?", I ask, confused as ever and trying to figure something out.

"Well, when Megatron awakes, he'll most likely want to kill you and Starscream wants to kill you, too. I think the best options are to either go rogue or join the Autobots", he says.

I nod thinking about my choices. "I'll go join the Autobots, if they'll accept me."

"Very well. Be careful, Blazewing", Soundwave says. I nod, looking at Soundwave one last time, just barely noticing how pretty his purple optics are.

"Call me Blaze", I tell him before making a last minute decision. I kiss him on the cheek and run out the door.

As I run, I send a wave of happiness over one bond and sadness over the other. I receive questioning feelings from my twin and my Sire.

I open a mind link and tell them some of what occured.

'So Starscream and most likely Megatron want to kill me so I'm leaving the Decepticons. Sire, do you think the Autobots will accept me?', I ask.

'I do believe so, Blaze Wing', Sire answers.

'I'll miss you, Vain Cherry', I say as I run out to the flight deck to see Sire driving towards me.

'I'll miss you, too, Annoying Cherry', KO replies. I chuckle and stop beside Optimus.

"What are you doing here?", I ask.

"Stopping Starscream from melting his way down to an energon deposit", he answers. I nod and transform, driving alongside him.

We manage to stop Starscream and escape but only because Megatron stopped Starscream from killing us.

Optimus called for a ground bridge but he wasn't the only one who needed one. Ratchet and Bumblebee needed one too. I spot a familiar face sitting one Bumblebee' shoulder.

"Raf!", I exclaim happily. All of the bots looked at me, confusion showing on their faceplates. I chuckle before explaining.

"I assumed a human form for a while. June Darby, Jack's mom, "adopted" me. I pretended to be mute. I'm surprised Jack didn't tell you",  I say.

"Wait, Coral?", Raf asks.

"Yep. Coral Cortell was the name I went by", I grin.

Raf smiled and we got a ground bridge back to the Autobot base. I'm surprised the Autobots accepted me so quickly. I will miss my brother and Soundwave  but it was necessary for me to leave.

When we get to base, Sire shows me my berthroom. I see a berth, some shelves and a computer.

"This is where you'll be spending most of your time, I assume?", he asks. I only nod.

"I will send someone to find you when Miko arrives so she can give you a tour of the base", he says before leaving. I log onto the computer and set up my com-link.