Chapter 13

"Blazewing, please come to the bridge", Megatron's voice rang through my com-link. I sigh and look up.

"Cherry, can you hold up here?" I ask from across the medbay. I was learning from Doc Knock and we got what seemed like an army of wounded soldiers.

"Yep. Go where you are needed", he answers, a bit distracted.

"Thanks, bro!" I grin and rush out but not before hearing Knockout's confused shout of "Wait what?!" I chuckle as I make my way to the bridge. On my way there, I pass an injured vehicon called ST3V3.

"Steve!" I cry out before getting some other vehicons to help him to the medbay.

(Fun fact: If you go to the official transformers prime wiki, and look at the Decepticons, Steve is listed as one of the vehicons.)

I quickly continue on my way to the bridge.

"What do you require of me, Lord Megatron?" I ask as I enter.

"As you know, many vehicons were injured because of the warship freezing everyone" he begins before pausing. "Nevermind, that's not relevant."

I chuckle at his mistake and he rolls his eyes.

"Anyway, the warship decoded four different sets of coordinates. I want you to go with Soundwave to collect one of them", Megatron says.

"Yes, my lord", I bow before turning to Soundwave and grinning. Then I turn to leave but Megatron stops me.

"You leave once Soundwave sends everyone else off", he says.

"Very well, Lord Megatron."

"Call me Sire, because that is what I am to you", he says.

I nod before leaving the bridge. About ten minutes later, Soundwave finds me reading a data pad in my room. 

"Time to go, sweetspark", Soundwave says. I smile and nod at my bondmate. We go to the flight deck and run off the edge before transforming. We start flying to our destination but run into some Autobots several minutes later. They have a ship that I don't recognize.

"Wheeljack", Soundwave says over the com-link.

"He's probably not alone", I respond.

Soundwave deploys Lazerbreak and she goes to distract the bots while we try to find the relic. We reach a cliff and land. Soundwave flinches and I instantly reach out for his shoulder.

"Lazerbeak is injured", he says. Worry fills my optics but the sound of tentacles moving alerts me to the task at hand.

Soundwave locates the relic pretty quickly and digs into the ground, and pulls the relic out. I hear the sound of and engine and I look up at Soundwave. He points to the cliff face in front of us and I immediately understood what he was saying.

I transform and fly up above it, before transforming and landing on it, watching for the bots, while Soundwave studied the relic. Or at least, he was pretending to which allowed Wheeljack to "sneak attack".

Soundwave and Wheeljack fight rather well. They seemed to be well matched. That is, until Wheeljack cracks Soundwave's visor. Anger filled my body and I wanted so badly to jump down and beat the scrap out of Wheeljack but I waited for Soundwave to signal me down.

I didn't have to wait much longer though because Sound signalled me to distract Wheeljack while he got the relic. He had dropped it in the process of fighting Wheeljack. I activate my blasters and jumped down while shooting at Wheeljack. He quickly turned around and pulled out his katanas, to which I pulled out mine and we began dueling.

He managed to scratch my side while I got no hits on him at all. One hit later, and he got the same scratch again but this time it went deeper. I was losing energon quickly.

Soundwave finally got the relic and I saw he was hesitant to use it while I was in close quarters with Wheeljack.

"Do it!" I screamed. "I'll be fine, Sound! Use it, get Lazerbeak back and then get outta here!"

Sound still looked hesitant but he did it anyways. The blast threw me back along with Wheeljack. I was nearly unconscious. I saw Sound standing above me and even though I was very weak and losing consciousness quickly, I still managed to whisper to him, "Get outta here. I'll be alright. The Autobots will help me and then I'll be their prisoner. I'll try to get back to you. I love you, Sound, never forget that."

As black filled my vision, I hear Sound whisper back, "I love you too, Blaze." I heard no more after that.