Chapter 17

It's been weeks since I left the Nemesis. I had flown over a place called Jasper Nevada. I had seen Megatron's new fortress and seen the smildering wreckage of what I assumed was the remnants of the Autobot base.

The last I saw of the that was just a couple days ago. I hoped the Autobots where safe because they are the only chance we have against the Decepticons. I sigh before landing on the ground in Colorado. I walk into a cave to find an energon mine. I take some energon cubes and turn to leave. Once I get out, however, I see a large ship. A large Autobot ship. I get my blasters ready and the hatch opens. Out comes someone I am very familiar with from Cybertron.

"Ultra Magnus", I sigh as I put away my blasters.

He looks at me and frowns. "Who are you?" he asks.

"Aww, does my best friend not recognize me? I haven't changed that much", I say with a grin. A look of realization comes onto his face.

"It's good to see you again, Blazewing", he says as he walks over to me. "So what have you been doing?"

"Oh, you know, just learning that Optimus isn't my Sire and that Megatron is. Oh, I also joined the Decepticons for while but now I'm a rogue", I say as I shrug my shoulders. Ultra Magnus stares at me before chuckling.

"I can't believe that you haven't changed at all", he says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You're still creating those silly stories about things happening that aren't real, he says as he pulls me into a side hug. I instantly pull away, hurt showing on my face.

"I didn't make this up", I say. His face changed in an instant.

"That actually happened?" he asks in disbelief. I nod and he sighs.

"I'm sorry", he says. I accept his apology but was surprised when I randomly got a message from Soundwave.

'Blaze... Come back... I need you...', he says. I sigh before pulling away from Magnus.

"Blaze, what's wrong?" he asks.

"My bondmate needs me... but I don't want to go back as my Sire will probably kill me", I say sadly.

"Why?" Magnus asks.

"I may or may not have helped an Autobot escape the last time I was there..."

"Of course..." Magnus sighs. "You always were too nice to either bots or cons... How have you survived this war?"

"Instinct", I say instinctivally. Magnus sighs before he tenses up and looks at me in shock.

"Wait!? Bondmate?!" he exclaims, causing me to laugh at his shock.

"Yep. Your reaction was a little late though", I continue laughing.

"Who is it?" he demands. I guess he really wants to know.

"Um... the surveillance chief of the Decepticons...", I mumble.

"SOUNDWAVE!? You're bondmate is Soundwave of all mechs?!"

"Uh... yes...?" I say looking down. Magus doesn't respond so I look up. He had a look in his eyes that let me know that he was talking on his comm-link.

He looks me and starts speaking. "I need to get back to base. We're going to attack the Nemesis. Megatron has built the Omega Lock on his ship."

I nod and grin. "I'll meet you there."

He rolls his eyes and gets on his ship before flying away. I quickly transform and search for the Nemesis on all my scanners. I find it and open a comm-link with Soundwave.