Chapter 16

I was watching Sound work on decoding the final coordinates and he figured it out after maybe three hours. Sire walks over to us and looks at it before the coordinates start forming an image. Whe it finishes, I don't recognize the bot.

"Prime's latest recruit is the final relic of Iacon?" Sire exclaimed, confused. Sound pinpointed Smokescreen's location and Sire told him to "retrieve the relic".

A few moment s later, Sound came back with an unconscious Smokescreen. I couldn't help but feel bad for him and all the Autobots. Why must this war keep on going? Why can't we just end this war?

Smokescreen is taken to the medbay where he is locked into place by energon cuffs. After a few minutes, Smokescreen starts to wake.

"Wakey, wakey", KO says.

"Eggs and bacey", I mumble earning strange looks from all that heard me. I shrug in response. Knockout starts mocking Smokescreen about the phase shifter, causing me to roll my eyes and whack him upside the head.

"Ow! What was that for?" KO exclaims.

"That was for getting off topic, Doc Knock", I say as Sire walks in.

"Hand me the final Iacon relic. Now", Sire growls.

"Yeah, I really can't help you. That's the only one I was packing", Smokescreen answers as he gestures to the phase shifter on Knockout's arm. He then starts talking about how Optimus was the only one who could decode the database after Sire called Sound over to him. However, Sire contradicts him almost immediately.

"Ah, but you misunderstand. The final entry has been decoded. By us!" Sire grinned evilly and I scoffed quietly. "And according to our findings, it would appear I do indeed have the right guy."

Smokescreen looks in horror and surprise when his image shows up on Sound's visor. I tune everything else out with my thoughts about the war.

I am brought out of my thought when KO pulls out an identical relic to the one in the vault. Sire then asked what they are for and Smokescreen taunts him. I mentally groan when Knockout gives Sire the idea of using the cortical psychic patch.

We watch a video feed of abotu the keys do as explained by Optimus in Smokescreen's mind. I ignore what Sire says as he goes to leave and come up with a plan to help Smokescreen. Knockout walks over to Smokescreen as everyone goes to leave. I head to Soundwave before he can leave and grab his servo. He looks at me confused and I hugged him tightly. He hugs me back, still confused.

"Sound... I'm going to leave... My Sire... is not who I thought he was. Not anymore", I say with pain filled optics as I look down.

"I understand", Soundwave says with pain in his voice.

"I'll find you once the war is over, okay?" I say softly. He only looks away.

"Sound..." I whisper.

"Blaze... just go... I'll be fine", he says. I knew he was lying though. Because I know how much this was hurting me. And I knew he was feeling the same way as me. I didn't want to leave Soundwave. But I had to as this was the only way to get away from my Sire.

"Don't die on me, okay? I don't want to come back and find you gone", I whisper.

"I promise I won't die. Just as long as you don't either", he whispers. I press the button and take off his visor.

"Soundwave, I love you. Never, ever forget that. I love you and I will come back to you. I just need time away from my Sire and his warmongering ways", I say as I stand up as tall as I could to give him a quick kiss. As I start to pull away, Sound grabs me and gives me a short, passionate kiss before taking his visor and walking off. I sigh before turning back to the medbay. Smokescreen was begging Knockout not to go into his head again.

I catch Smokescreen's attention and try to explain my plan to him using hand motions. He nods ever so slightly and I sneak up behind Knockout.

"Sorry, brother", I whisper before punching him, knocking him out. I release Smokescreen and he grabs the phase shifter from Knockout.

I write KO a quick letter asking for forgiveness and that if he has any questions to ask Soundwave. Smokescreen had waited for me and I gave him the directions he needed.

"Why are you helping me?" he asks. I lead him toward the vault.

"I want the war to end but that won't happen if Si- er- Megatron is the one to revive Cybertron", I answer before peeking around a corner to see Megatron walking toward the vault. I told Smokescreen this and he went and grabbed the keys while I went to the flight deck and transformed, flying off. I sent a message to anyone who would receive it.

"My name is Blazewing. I am the sparkling of Megatron but I have left his warmongering ways. I am now a rogue but if you threaten me, my friends, or this planet, I will make sure you never see the light of day again. Planet Earth is under my protection now."