Chapter 9

I jump as a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. Starscream chuckles and lets me go. I turn around and glare playfully at Starscream.

"Don't do that! You know I don't like bots sneaking up on me!" I may have been yelling but I was also grinning.

"And that's why I do it. Your reactions are so funny", he says as he kisses my forehelm. In the month that Starscream has been here, we've gotten a lot closer.

"Gee, thanks", I say sarcastically before hugging him. He laughs before hugging me back.

"Just so you know, your sire is looking for you", Starscream says. I groan before pulling away and looking up at Starscream.

"If he gives me another one of those 'prime talks'", I mutter as I walk towards the main room where I knew my sire would be.

"You'll jump off a cliff", Starscrea finishes. "You told me that the last time he gave you one."

I laugh before continuing to walk to the main room. When we get there, Sire is talking to Ratchet. I didn't want to eavesdrop but I was curious.

"Don't you think Starscream is up to something?" Ratchet asks quietly.

"While Starscream may have pledged his allegiance to us, we still cannot trust him. He is unpredictable and dangerous", Sire says. I feel a presence behind me and I turn to see Starscream. Seeing the look on his face, I could tell he had heard as well. I immediately try to calm him down but he doesn't listen to me. He stalks forward and starts yelling at Sire.

"Well, I'm glasd to know you still don't trust me! What has it been, a month? I've helped you find energon mines that hadn't been stripped clean yet! But you know what?! Since you don't trust me, I guess I'll just leave and go back to where my work is appreciated!" He transformed and flew out of the base. I stare after him before glaring at Optimus.

"Good going, Sire", I say as I take off after Starscream. I see him in the distance and follow him, finding myself catching up to him. I follow him as he transforms in a forest.

"Starscream!" I shout as I transform. He turns and looks at me before growling at stalking away. I call his name again and start to follow him.

"Stop following me!" He turns to face me. I stop in surprise.

"Why?" My voice came out small.

"Because you're annoying and stupid and so...", he trailed off, not able to find the right word. Soon, however, he found it. "You're juvenile! You're juvenile and stupid and annoying! It's no wonder your sire got rid of you!"

I stare at him in sadness and in pain. "I thought you liked me..." I was trying not to cry.

"Liked you? Ha! You really are stupid if you thought I liked you! No, I just used you. I used you to infiltrate the Autobots to get some of their secrets so the Decepticons would welcome me back. Instead, I got nothing because your so called sire didn't believe me to be trustworthy!"

I fell to my knees and start crying. He walks away and I heard him transform and fly away. All the while I was berating myself. How could I have been so stupid?! To think that someone could like me...? I'm nothing compared to my Sire, to my brother. They've all got some sort of position and then there's me. The worthless daughter of a Prime. Through the tears, I saw a ground bridge appear and familiar figure appear. I look at Soundwave and he kneels down in front of me.

"Query: BlazeWing: Is hurt?" He used different voice but it didn't matter to me. I don't say anything in response but hold back a sob instead. Soundwave picks me up and walks through the ground bridge.

I feel worry coming from Knockout and I let a small portion of my pain through to the bond. But once a dam is cracked, it doesn't take long for everything to spill out. I ended up crying myself to sleep in Soundwave's arms.