Saviour

{A/N: Aight imma make this quick and/or at least directly relevant to compensate for the comedically overdone author's note from the last section. There's a link to a YouTube clip of a song attached to the top of this chapter. I've seen other writers add music to their stories that they think sets the right mood for those reading. I won't tell you play it before you begin if you don't think it'll enhance the experience. Reading one thing while trying to pay attention to another can be distracting. Still, if you do want to or get the chance to look back over part of the chapter while listening to the song it'd be worth your while! The song's not short and I made the chapter longer to account for that, but the lyrics repeat and are easy to understand. I do hope they in fact, enhance the experience if you so choose to peruse them. (*'')♪

The song is called "Illusion," by VNV Nation.}

He wanted to protect you for the sake of not being without you. That was not something he ever expected to feel. As you screamed at him, he didn't know how to react. He felt beholden to unfamiliar emotions, and it was debilitating, confusing, and completely human. Who were you? What did you mean to him? You had to stay. You couldn't leave. The word please never before conveyed what it meant to him then, and never before had it carried such weight.

"Why won't you let me DIE?" You remembered everything that happened. You were angry you were alive, you didn't want to live like this. Worst of all, you felt as though you had almost narrowly escaped this fate altogether. Peace eluded you, and the sting of having it been so recently lost was almost too much to bear.

You choked, blood flowing into the basin as you glared into the eyes of the one thing you had asked God not to send you. He had drawn a bath, in the very room Mey-Rin had cheerily rubbed salty, soapy water through your hair not even a day before. That seemed like a century ago, a forgotten, happier time. Another life, someone else had been that girl. There wasn't enough salt in a thousand imaginary oceans to expunge the man who had brought you here from this now terribly unhappy place.

You had been clear in your prayer, asking for anyone! Anyone but him! God, your father, they wouldn't send Sebastian! A demon could never be your saviour!

He was taking your clothes off just like they did, but his touch was far worse! Those men were at least human. It was human hands that had almost killed you! Why would God deliver you to Him only to have one of His greatest adversaries save you? Didn't He know you were fully prepared to die? Why would you remain here unless that devil had snuck in right at the last minute, like the serpent he was? He had to be lying, just as his predecessor did in The Garden of Eden. He was trying to comfort you. He was repeating himself. Over and over again.

"I'm not going to hurt you!" You heard him say something you knew simply had to be disingenuous. "Please, {Y/N}! You must listen to me!" That liar! That evil, manipulative thief! He would never say something like that sincerely. You weren't a fool, and you wouldn't be tempted only because you were dying. You'd lost all your will to live. He held nothing over you. Nothing he could say could interest you like he wanted. If you only knew what it truly was that he wanted, how simple it could be, you'd have given in at that very moment.

"Please! You'll only hurt yourself more!" He said it again. How many more times would he attempt to betray you? "Please!" He could rescue you, and he aimed to, he wished to, but how were you to know he wasn't lying, that he never did, not once in all the time he spent with you? Everything he ever told you was true. You could live, and for no other reason than being alive. No pact would be made. No deal, no bargain. He just wanted you to be alright. "Please, let me help you."