Ordinary

{A/N: I've been having a super fun time updating my stories, definitely this one! Hopefully the previous chapter wasn't too long. Though, I know it was. Some people don't seem to mind that but I'm kinda shallow sometimes and like short chapters when I read other authors' stuff online, so I try to make my own writing that way when I can. This update may seem kinda bland compared to the last one, but I wouldn't categorise it as a dreadful "filler chapter." Nothing is without purpose. Haha xD So yeah, enjoy it! I didn't do this in previous sections, but the lines, the SUPER FANCY ONES, indicate time skips, and the part in all italics between two of the lines is a flashback. I think that's clear but I'll go ahead and say so anyway. Alright! That's it for now!}

 Alright! That's it for now!}

It was all so strange. Everything began to return to normal. The horrifying scene, the unsatisfying conclusion of your discussion with Sebastian the night after your prayer seemed less and less real as the days pressed on, and your work at Phantomhive Manor continued. You'd remain confused, but the more you tried to hide your feelings, the easier it became to put what occurred out of your mind.

It helped that you weren't perpetually isolated anymore. You'd never forget the morning after what transpired. As quickly as he'd changed, and revealed information you didn't understand, he carried on as though nothing had happened at all, and you were amazed at how little he seemed to even recollect the events to which you were the sole witness. You recalled what happened after his impromptu speech.

"Who are you?"

"Who are you?"

"As I've said before, {Y/N}, I'm simply one hell of a butler."

You wanted to scream. How much more of this lunacy would you have to put up with? When would it all end? This charade, this life, it was awful. Your father, your pride, your remaining contentment, all previous pleasantries were gone, only some of them to one day return.

"I swear to God, Sebastian!" You couldn't question who you were talking to, easily using his name when he said that. "Stop saying that stupid line!"