Epilogue: Lionheart

Snow fluttered slowly down in an indigo night sky, as you rested against him, warmth radiating through you

"This is what you remembered the most?" You closed your eyes, as he stroked your hair.

"Not chronologically." You felt his fingernails scratch you, and you decided it was the most pleasant sensation yet. You didn't really want to do anything else anymore. "But I guess, like your's back there, it was simple: just beneath the surface."

"The East End, though?" You rolled over, facing him, the tiny white specks caught in period-style lamp light, like you'd returned to another time and place, London, all those years ago, before everything that had happened. "Not the manor, not even the nice part of town?"

"I was a demon, then. Nice things didn't interest me like they did humans. Money and material possessions didn't matter to me."

"I guess that's fair." Red and pink petals, like those of English roses flowed down, mixing in with the ivory wisps of snowflakes. "I still liked my stuff."

"That's fair, too. You were human, and I loved you, for that more than anything else."

"Racist. Lucifer was right then. You did just want to get in with us."

"He was as wrong as I was." He poked your head, smiling: his name was easy to say the longer you were there. "You, however, were the right one. So, maybe you were higher than us, even now." He pulled you towards him. "You are above me."

"I can get down." You wiggeled yourself back. "We can switch places." He held you in place.

"Not a chance." You fell against him, not wanting to leave this place any time soon. "Though, eventually, knowing us, we'll get bored."

"Gotta mix things up a little."

"Any ideas of what we should redecorate with next?"

You smiled. "Not yet, but I will."

He smiled, and you laughed. "Of course you will."

You nestled against him. "You're perfect."

"As are you, my love."

"Hey! Call me by what I told you to."

He feigned ignorance. "I don't know what you mean." You messed up his hair. "Hey!" You didn't stop, and he had to hold your hands away. "Okay okay! Fine fine! Whatever you say, the best Christian..."

You folded your arms as he released them, now sitting on his lap. "Go on."

"Ever." You raised a fist in victory.

"Excellent!" You laid back down, and he resumed holding you, in his arms, stroking your head. While neither of you wore an crown, you were both royalty, as youd said before, everyone was.

"Hey, Queen!" You called for your pet, now back to her full, sizeable sate.

"She's not here." Sebastian noted.

"Ah. Oh well. Why would a Lion go to the East End anyway?"

"You did." You rolled your eyes at his bad joke.

"That was my father's name, but even so, I'm glad I did."

"Clearly I am, too." You adored this feeling, of home, of peace, and your heart beat in your chest, stronger, (still unnecessarily) than ever before. You didn't need to rest either, but you chose to enjoy that luxury, and you fell asleep in his arms as he spoke to you.

"I used to wake up to the colour of your soul, back then, metaphorically. Though, you did awaken something." He observed you slipping away, breathing slowly, happily, comfortably. "I was so excited every time you were there in the morning, each day, though you didn't know it. Thanks to you, I realised I have a soul, too. You reminded me of that, even when I had forgotten. You believed in me when no one else did. So, the world will never know you like I did, {Y/N}. Like I still do."

You were half awake, and weren't sure if it was a complement, an insult or just nonsensical. Maybe you'd heard him wrong. "Oh yeah," you mumbled. "And what's that?"

He held you closer, his touch never ceased to bring out a reaction in you. It was never anything less than thrilling. He stroked your hair as he introduced a new nickname, one he hadn't used before. You liked it better, and would tell him to use that when you woke up again. You'd heard one thing properly, and it emboldened you more than any dream ever could.

"Lionheart."