Ch.6

Previously
"No! I-I mean sure you can sit with us."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We learn something everyday

Smoky bounced on the table going over to Hermione. He hoots pulling away her fork"sorry he's a little excited" "it's okay I am too I wonder what we're going to learn today!" She shouts excitedly I joined her looking over at the guys. They laughed grabbing their stuff and off to our first class. "Bloody hell I forgot my wand! Harry can you come with me to get it?" Ron panicked pulling Harry's arm,"sure you guys go ahead"

Hermione and I sat in the front taking notes from a book. Professor McGonagall transformed as a cat sitting peacefully watching over us. Minutes later Ron and Harry rush in huffing heavily,"imagine the face professor McGonagall had if she saw us right now"

Professor McGonagall turned back confronting them with an angry but peaceful expression. "That was bloody brilliant" Ron said astonished,"thank you Mr.Weasly maybe I can turn both you and Harry in watches and you'll get to class on time""we got lost...""maybe a map then..... I assume you don't need one to find your seats"

Hermione shook her head sighing in disappointment at the boys,"hopefully it's a one time thing, right Hermione?" "Yeah, boys...always doing nothing but trouble""Yet we chose them to be friends with" she giggled going back to her notes until it's time to go to potions.

Ah potions....my second favorite thing to do. Unlike the last class Harry and Ron were in their seats...the Gryffindor tables to be exact I sadly had to sit in the front with Malfoy and his friends.

"(L/n) why don't you sit next to me" Malfoy waved getting my attention at this point I wished I didn't tell that hat where I would satisfied."sure, what do I got to lose" I whispered sitting between Malfoy and Crabbe. Smoky bounced on the table pecking my books playfully getting my attention,"smoky just take a nap okay" he hoots fluttering to my shoulder soft snores came out of him quickly."so (L/n) are you single?" Malfoy smirked more inching closer,"obviously I am Malfoy but I am not interested in getting into a relationship at the moment with anyone" some day I want to smack that smirk off his face because he just doesn't make it work.

Snape bursted through the door scaring half the class,"there will be no foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic." He paused going over the class with cold eyes.

"I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses...I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach...like If you aren't paying attention Potter" we all turn around seeing Harry place his quill in the ink bottle nervous hearing his surname in snapes mouth.

"Our new celebrity...Tell me what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood" knowing Hermione she instantly raised her hand. Snape ignored her asking more questions. Harry's answer being the same as the first,"I don't know, sir" "clearly fame isn't everything"

Malfoy giggled at Harry's distress I faced him smacking the back of his head,"why'd you do that" "because one that's rude and two I bet you don't know either"

"What about you Miss (L/n) our other celebrity...do you know anything I said to potter or are as clueless as him" Snape slammed his hands on the table the cauldron tilted to the side.

"Asphodel and wormwood would make a sleeping potion so powerful it's known as Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone which is taken from a goats stomach thus saving you from most poisons. And monkshood and wolfsbane they're the same plant which goes by the name of aconite....I-is that all or am I missing something else that you said professor?"

He pressed his lips into a thin line standing straight,"that is all correct, clearly you have your mother's intelligence on potion making five points to Slytherin and a point will be taken from Gryffindor also that owl of yours has to stay in your dorm" Snape turned walking to his desk scribbling something on parchment paper. Malfoy patted my back as I took a deep breath turning to see Harry with a sad smile at my direction. Potions couldn't have gotten any worse but it did. Neville had somehow managed to melt Seamus's cauldron into a twisted blob, the potion seeping onto the ground burning holes in people shoes. Luckily I wasn't near the incident but still stood on my chair just in case.

"That was quite the lesson today wasn't it guys?" "It was horrible if you ask me snape just kept taking points away from us" Ron fumed with hatred."you're only whining because he kept criticizing your way of making the potion" Hermione says as we strolled down the corridors to the Great Hall.

"Wasn't my fault Neville decided to burn off everyone's shoes off" Ron continued to argue. Harry laughed as we finally found a spot. Our books spread around the table Hermione wrote on her book going back and forth."Hermione can you help me with this""sure it's simple if you break it down one step at a time"

After finally understanding what the hell I was looking at, I noticed a kid waving his wand around at a cup,"Eye of rabbit, harpstring hum turn this water into rum" over and over his face became red from the frustration.

"Do any of you guys know what he's doing?" I turned to Harry he shrugged turning over to Ron,"turning it to rum. Actually managed a weak tea yesterday,before-" a loud explosion came from the cup ashes on the boys face his hair spread in a bizarre way.

A screeching noise flew around us,"mails here" Ron looks up as I follow owls cane through the windows dropping boxes and letters birch came swooping in with jewel behind her.

A letter on jewel while a small package was on birches back. I pulled the letter off petting jewel she flew away after biting my finger as a goodbye."let's see what they sent me...thank you birch" she sat there waddling closer eyeing smoky. I placed smoky next to her as they hooted together.

The letter was neatly wrapped with our family ink print.

(Choose whichever)