Ch.11

Previously
"it's a wonder how you got into Slytherin"
>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<
Interesting nights

The common room was quiet that night I sat by the fire listening to the cracks of the wood of each second. The blanket over my shoulders lay warmly on my back Smoky sat in my lap sleeping with soft snores. I held the letter from earlier today still not opened, I played with the edge thinking if I should open it or not. "What do I got to lose"

Dear (Y/n),
Your father decided to give you his broom for the game. He thought that giving you the broom would be a great idea considering how you didn't have one.

There has been a change of plans for winter break it seems we've got a problem that sickness mark had earlier this week was just signs of him getting chicken pox.

The doctor didn't detect it at first and now we have one sick child and three sick house elves.

It appears you'll have to stay at Hogwarts for the winter. I hope you'll understand.
                      Love,
Mum

I threw the letter into the fire. The paper crumbles up turning black. The dust rises from the fire through the chimney. "What a day..." I mumbled pulling the blanket closer, my thoughts continued to swim all over the place giving me a headache.

Apparently Hagrid owns the three headed beast surprisingly it has a name Fluffy he lend it to Dumbledore to protect...something and his partner what was his
name again....Nicholas Flamel and my own professor tried to kill me I suppose it's understandable for Harry because he's in the other team but me? Why?

A shaky breath that I didn't notice I was holding in came out. Hagrid left leaving us with just a name that's all we needed and rushed to the library, the books in the library aren't helpful in the slightest.Each book we've looked through had no trace of this character. It's as if he never existed, but was an important person.

"What are you doing?" I jumped looking up it was Malfoy standing by the stair way in his pajamas his usual combed back hair was now a total mess. "Nothing just here warming up" I gave a small smile in his direction turning back to the fire,"at 1 in the morning? Clearly there's something wrong" he sat himself next to me, nudging my shoulder."really it's nothing I just don't feel sleepy tonight" he reaches for my hand rubbing circles in a soothing motion,"was it about the game? Kinda got everyone on edge when you hung there" he says in worry.

"No, Malfoy I told you it's nothing-","why do you always say my surname? Never once have I heard you say my name","do you really deserve it Malfoy. You bully nearly everyone you see, you don't even bother trying to get to know them" He tightens his grip on my hand frowning,"Its not my fault they weren't raised in pureblood families like us. They'll never have true magic in their blood even in there was a spell to make that happen"

I sat there shocked how can he say something like that so disgusting and disrespectful not to mention how he compared us being better than other magical families. I grabbed Smoky placing him in my sweater pocket. I pulled my hand harshly away slapping Malfoy like last time,"why did you slap me for?!" "Never say such ill-mannered things about other families. So what if they weren't born into pureblood families. I bet you they'll be stronger then you'll ever be Malfoy" he got up clear anger showed on his face,"you blood traitor you'll pay for this" he snarled walking up the boys dorm stair way,"ooo~ Im so scared there's your answer in why I call you by your surname you git"

(Time skip to winter break!!!! The best time of the year!!!!❤️🌹❤️)

I laid outside the castle making snow angels with Smoky once in a while he dived under the snow popping his head out every few seconds. Loud crunching of snow and dragging caught my attention I sat up and I saw Hagrid pulling a large tree to the Great Hall I stood up running over to him."Hello Hagrid do you need help?" "Hello (Y/n), no I'm fine enjoying the snow I see" I could tell he was looking at all the snow piles I've made with snowmen around"yea I just love the snow so much!" I dust off the access snow Smoky flies on my head shaking the snow off him onto my head. "Why don't you head inside and help Professor Flitwick put on the decorations,eh?" "Sure!"

Once inside Hargid set the tree up for Professor Flitwick he thanks him taking out the decorations." Here to help decorate the tree Ms.(Y/n)?" I nod taking my coat off. Harry and Ron walked inside the Great Hall,"hey guys Happy Christmas!" I called out,"Happy Christmas (Y/n)! Aren't you going home this weekend?" Harry asks Ron sat in the corner setting up what seemed to be wizards chess.

"There has been a slight problem at my home, so I'm staying for Christmas" Harry smiles reaching for a hug but awkwardly stopped. I smiled pulling him in a hug,"you weirdo" I laughed letting go. He scratched the back of his head apologizing,"it's cool just go play wizards chess" he nods shifting over to the table,"now I think it would be best if we start from the top, what do you think?" Professor Flitwick asked. "Yea that's probably the best idea" "okay, up you go then" he handed me a box casting the levitation spell sending me to the top. Smoky flutter next to me pecking the box. I opened the box handing him a star"there you go baby bird" smoky hoots placing the ornaments in areas I couldn't reach. "I'm done with my box Professor Flitwick","thank you dear I'll do the rest" I float back down Hermione stood by the boys talking. Smoky dashed to her almost terrifying her by the sudden action,"sorry about that Hermione, guess he's happy about the holidays","it's fine you haven't pack your stuff?" I nod,"no mum says she doesn't want me getting sick like my little brother" she nods,"okay then you'll be helping Harry and Ron in the library to look up Nicolas Flamel","but Hermione we've looked at least a hundred times!" I whined at her Ron nods,"that's exactly what I said"

Hermione leans on the table motioning to get closer,"not in the restricted section. Happy Christmas." She straightened up handing Smoky to me wheeling her chest out the Great Hall,"I think we've had a bad influence on her" Ron whispered.

"Either way it's going to be Christmas and I have your gifts ready for tomorrow!" I smiled clapping my hands together. They smiled asking questions on what it is,"you'll know when you get them" I gave the boys a side hug running off to my dorm.