Guardians

Li Luo gently wiped the sweat on Ya Lun's face. Carefully avoiding his mask. Though, she wants to remove it. It would be disrespectful to do so. He must have had reasons why he wears it.

"No," the man whispered. His fists tightly gripping the blanket. "Mother please..."

Li Luo's heart ache at the pain in his voice, making her put the wet cloth down and go closer to the sleeping man. She then put his head on her lap, running her fingers through his hair, hoping that she'll ease some of his pain this way.

"Don't go." He continued, tears pooling from his closed eyes. Li Luo wiped his tears away. Feeling quite sorry for him.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

It's already late afternoon when Ya Lun woke up. He's still disoriented, though.

"How are you feeling?" Li Luo quickly asked when she saw that he's awake. "Ya Lun?" She said when he didn't answer her.

"Dizzy." He simply replied, falling asleep again.

Li Luo smiled. She doesn't know why but she could feel the fondness starting to grow in her heart.

Morning...

Ya Lun opened his eyes. He blinked. Then again. and again but the view in front of him didn't change. Li Luo was asleep beside him.

"She watched over you the whole night," said the envoy guardian that entered the room.

"Why would she do that? I'm just a stranger."

"Beats me," said the woman. "But she insisted on staying with you all night. How are you feeling?"

"Quite sore but fine."

"Then can you help me with these?" She said, pointing at the barrels of wine.

Ya Lun's brow rose up. "Wine in the morning?"

The woman laughed. "A great way to start a day don't you think? Besides its almost noon."

Ya Lun grinned, getting up.

Meanwhile in the ice palace...

"Xing Jiu, did you find out what it was?" the ice king asked. The dream king shook his head. "Whatever it is or whoever it is, that person is well protected. I just hope that it's not an enemy because if it is we don't stand a chance."

Back to Ya Lun...

He was enjoying himself. For the first time, he felt that he belonged. The guardians made him feel welcomed.

"Ya! Ya Lun, why aren't you drinking?" Qin Chu asked.

"What are you talking about? Qin Chu, are you drunk already? Ya Lun already finished two barrels of wine." Yang Dan said, defending him.

"Tsk. Damn immortals," the man said in good humor, making Ya Lun laugh.

"What are you guys doing?"

"Li Luo," Yang Dan said. "Sit down and join us. Please beat Ya Lun for us. He already drank the whole two barrels but he's still standing."

Li Luo shook her head. "Not today. I have to return to the Ice Palace."

"Oh."

"Ya Lun, do you want to come with me?"

"Is it okay?"

Li Luo nodded. Following the voice inside her. Telling her that Ya Lun needs to get to the Ice Palace.

"I'm going with you then."

We'll see each other soon, Ying Kong Shi.