Sleep talk

It was already dark. Ya Lun watched the waves crash themselves on the big rocks. On his left side was Lan Shang deep asleep. Tired of crying. He sighed. He should head back. Li Luo is probably looking for him. Standing up, he did some stretches. He wanted to turn into his female form but decided against it. Even if he wanted to be Yan Da right now, it's not a good decision. Sighing, he picked up Lan Shang.

He wasn't surprised when almost everyone was waiting for their return.

"Ya Lun," called out Li Luo who quickly went up to him.

"Did I worry you that much?" he asked, joking. Li Luo's eyes narrowed at him.

"You." She growled.

"I'm fine. Lan Shang and I just missed the time." He told her, looking at the princess he's carrying.

"What happened to her?"

"Just tired," He answered, facing the others. "Sorry for worrying you."

They sighed. "At least you two are back. Let's go inside." Ignoring Shi's inquisitive gaze. He smiled bitterly in his mind.

Ya Lun/ Yan Da's POV

I felt my heart ached when I saw Ying Kong Shi's gaze on us. Most likely on Lan Shang. I quickly followed the other's inside. I thought I'd be able to handle it but it seems like my emotions are still stronger than my will.

The memory of first seeing them together is still so vivid in my mind. I clenched my fists. I quickly relax it though when I heard lan Shang whimpered in pain. I sighed. I forgot that I was still holding her.

"Li Luo, where is her room?" I asked even though I know where it is. It's in the same wing as mine.

"The room beside yours." She answered.

"Oh, I'll go and tuck her in then. I'll see you later." Seeing her nod, I left.

~Time Skip~

I gently laid her down the bed. I was done covering her with a blanket when I felt another presence in the room.

"I didn't do anything to her. If that's what you're going to ask." I stated flatly.

"That's not it." Shi said. "Why did she cry?"

"Amazing. You must really care for her that you noticed what the others didn't," I said with a smile on my face. Inside, I was burning with jealousy. My dislike for Lan Shang grew.

"She's a friend."

I smirked. "I'm sure. If you know her so well, then you'll know the only thing that would make her cry."

I said, moving towards the door. He sighed. "She saw them again huh." He stated. I didn't answer him. I just quietly left the room. Especially, when I saw him gently brush his hand on her face.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Shi gently brush Lan Shang's cheek. His heart hurts seeing her like this. No, he doesn't like him like that. She just reminds her of Yan Da. Of what she's going through every time she saw him and Lan Shang together. Does she cry like this too?

He smiled sadly. Slowly, he got up leaving Lan Shang's room quietly. He needs to check on Ya Lun. He saw his complexion became pale before he left the room.

With Ya Lun...

He clutched his chest. He whimpered. The pain was too much like someone was squeezing his heart, burning it from the inside then stabbing it with a jagged knife. Focused on his pain, he didn't notice Shi who was looking at him in horror.

The prince then moved, gathering the other in his arms. "Shh... Ya Lun. Deep breaths. Deep breaths," he told him, sending a bit of energy inside him.

After sometime, Ya Lun's breathing became calm. Shi breathed in relief. He moved about to let go when the hand on his clothing tightened its grip on it.

"Don't leave... "Ya Lun uttered weakly. Shi debated at that. He then sighed, settling himself beside the other. Ya Lun smiled, putting his arms around him.

Minutes later and Shi was felt himself drifted off to sleep. His eyes snapped open though when he heard the next words that Ya Lun whispered in his sleep.

"I miss you...

my Yun Fei."

A/N: Besides me, who else among you talks in his/her sleep? XD