Moments in Life

Four days later...

The whole ice kingdom was lively. It was time for the annual festival. Everyone was welcome as long as they weren't a threat to anyone in there.

On the bridge, Ya Lun looked at the people in amazement. Their kingdom was never filled with people like this. It's overwhelming. He grinned. There's a lot of new things down below too. Booths that different tribe made for entertainment.

Swiftly, he went down. Time to have fun.

2 hours later...

His hands were full of prices. Dolls, clothes, stuff toys and magical things from the other tribes. A smile was on his lips. It's been a while since he had this much fun.

"Whoa, who is that?" a voice then said from behind him. Looking back, he saw that a lot of people were crowded behind him and they were all looking up on the bridge. Curious, he followed their gaze.

There on the bridge were Ka Suo and Li Luo dancing together. Ya Lun's brow rose up. Those two should really dance somewhere else besides the balcony and the bridge.

"They really look good aren't they," another commented. Silently, he agreed. The two looked perfect together. He was about to leave the crowd when a familiar blue dress caught his eyes, running away from the scene.

Lan Shang's POV...

It was a good day. The annual festival of the ice kingdom was my favorite. I love the new things that people brought in. The booths that the other tribes built. A fun day to spend day with friends, I thought.

But... then... I saw them. Dancing together again. Lost in their own little world. I already knew that Ka Suo would never love me like I love him and I was starting to accept that. Slowly.

It still hurts though. Seeing them together like that. So in love. So happy. I let out a bitter laugh. They said all is fair in love and war. Fair? Really? I didn't even stand a chance. None at all.

I went to the coast, letting the familiar sounds of waves comfort me. This needs to stop. I have to move on. Looking at the waves, I smiled. I walked closer, wetting my feet. As they rolled back into the ocean, I let all of my feelings go.

So, when I head back. I won't cry because of Ka Suo and Li Luo anymore.

~Time Skip~

I was heading back when a familiar figure stopped me. "Ya Lun?"

"I thought you're going to stay there all day," he stated.

I frowned. "Stalker."

He smirked. "Said the one who has been following me the last few days. Here."

I winched. So, he noticed. I was curious about him so I followed him around. By instinct, I caught the thing that he tossed at me. It was big and soft? I looked at it curiously. A dolphin? I smiled. It was quiet cute. "What is it?"

"The vendor told me it is called a stuff toy. Mortals came up with it. I received a lot of prices today. So, I'm giving you that one."

"Thanks."

He shrugged. "Let's head back before everyone notice that were missing again."

I nodded, following him. Once and a while, I looked at him. He's really confusing. I know that he doesn't like me. Most of the time he ignores me. But there are times when he is like this.

Cheering me up in his own way. He even let me stay with him yesterday because I had a nightmare and was scared to sleep alone.

I sighed. I don't understand men.