Falling

Ya Lun/ Yan Da's POV

How did it come to this? I was just being nice. I realized three days ago that I was being unfair. Lan Shang didn't do anything wrong and I'm treating her badly. It's not her fault that Ying Kong Shi likes her.

Right now, I'm being scrutinized by her grandmother, the Mermaid Sage. When we got back, she was there waiting for us... I mean Lan Shang... but I was there so...

Her eyes narrowed at me. Especially when he saw the dolphin stuff toy that I gave Lan Shang. She pulled me aside when she made sure that her granddaughter was fine and away.

"What's your relationship with Lan Shang?" She asked when she was done studying me.

"Nothing." I told her, making look at me in disbelief.

"You said that but you gave her a token."

I smirked. "Just to cheer her up. She saw Prince Ka Suo and Li Luo a while ago."

She looked surprise at that.

"If Your Highness has nothing more to ask, I still have things to do." I bowed, leaving her behind. I let out a relieved sigh when I was out of there. Guardians are always the scary one.

Outside...

I frowned. I felt another scrutinizing gaze on me, looking around I was met by Prince Ka Suo's. Yikes. What did I do this time?

"Ya Lun!" a voice then called out, interrupting our battle of stares.

"Prince Shi," I replied. My brow rose when I saw his messy appearance. His former snow white clothes were now splattered with different colors. Some colorful strings were on his hair. "What happened to you?"

He chuckled. "I was playing with the children." I smiled in amusement. It's rare to see him like this. I wonder if he was like this before he transformed. Reaching out, I removed the strings that were on his hair. Glitter were on his eyelids too. I frowned. Those would hurt if it would go in his eyes.

"Close your eyes," I told him. He blinked, looking at me in surprise. He did follow my order though. Gently, I removed them. Lucky that they didn't stick well.

"There." I said. Some were still on the side of his face so I didn't move away.

Shi's POV...

I kept still, feeling him remove something in my eyelids. When he said "there", I thought he was already done so I opened my eyes. My breath caught in my neck though when I realized that he wasn't done yet. He was so close. Just an inch or two away.

I felt my heart flutter fast. No way... There's only one person that made me feel like this and that's Yan da. So, now why is my heart beating fast like this? Am I...

Falling for Ya Lun?

I gulped. Quickly, moving away when he was done.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." I softly answered, eyes down. My mind and heart were a total mess right now.

Ya Lun's POV

Liar. He wasn't fine. He was beet red right now. With my fingers, I tipped his head. He didn't meet my gaze. I sighed, letting go of him. "You should go and take a bath. If you're not feeling well then rest."

I then turned my back at him, going to my own room, feeling Ka Suo's gaze still on me.