Settled

"W-what!?" Shi stated in shock, pulling away from Ya Lun. "I'm a man just in case you have forgotten."

"But you weren't when I took you." Ya Lun returned. Shi's eyes widened at that. No, he wasn't. When Ya Lun took him, he was in Lan Shang's form. Is that why something didn't feel right when he transformed?

"Yes." Ya Lun answered, going near him. "You may have completely transform from the outside but not in here." He then put a hand just below his navel. He could feel the child's energy coming from within. He smiled, feeling love for it already. "Our kind is very different, Ying Kong Shi. We are very few so the nature gave us the ability to impregnate a woman or a man to ensure the continuity of our line."

Shi moved putting his hand in there too. He felt it. His brows furrowed. Not really knowing what to feel. In his life, he never thought that this would happen! Ya Lun saw his hesitation. He could feel the conflicting emotions in him. "You don't want it? Our child?"

Shi looked at him. "I..." His mind repeated what he heard. Their child. His and Ya Lun's. He smiled, heart fluttering in happiness. "I'm just surprise. I never thought..."

Ya Lun chuckled. "Me too." His expression became serious again. "But there's something else."

The look in his eyes made Shi nervous. Dreading already what he was going to say.

"I need two mates." Ya Lun stated, meeting his eyes directly. Shi turned around, avoiding his gaze. "It's Lan Shang isn't it?"

"Yes."

Shi forced a smile, facing him once more. He nodded, telling him that he understood. Afraid that if he opened his mouth, he'll just say something that would push the other away. At least now, he has a hold on him too.

Ya Lun's eyes softened when he saw the forced smile. "Shi." He called out, caressing the prince cheeks. Shi closed his eyes at the touch. It was so gentle that his heart ached, yearning for more. Feeling his mate's want, Ya Lun gave in. He then pulled Shi in his arms and kissed him softly.

Shi smiled into the kiss. It was different. It was careful and gentle. He felt love. He returned it shyly. This is his first kiss with him. The ones they have that passionate night didn't count. When he felt Ya Lun stopped, he opened his eyes. He bit his lip. He wanted to say it. Those words that he had been keeping deep inside his heart. But he held it back. No. Not yet.

So, he just smiled, lovingly gazing at the person he loves. Even though, he has to share him. It didn't matter. He has finally a place in Ya Lun's life. One that no one could take away from him even in their next life. That made him happy.