Message in a Bottle

Lan Shang smiled when she felt two strong arms hugged her from behind. A small kiss then was placed on her nape. "Ya Lun." She said, stopping her lover.

"I miss you. Can you blame me?" He stated, bringing her close to him. He decided to treat her like Yan Da wanted to be treated as a lover. There's still a longing in his heart but he kept it locked in the deepest part of it.

She smiled, kissing him on the lips. He answered eagerly. A cough on the door interrupted the two. It was the Mermaid Saint. The two felt their cheeks reddened. To be caught by her of all people. They quickly separated.

"Your Highness," Ya Lun said, bowing.

The Sage gave him the look. "I know that you two haven't seen each other in a while but Ya Lun until you've married my granddaughter you two can't go further than what I saw."

"Grandmother!" Lan Shang stated. Face red as a tomato. She then pushed Ya Lun outside before closing the door quickly. She glared at the Sage who only gave her a flat look.

"I'm only looking out for you, Lan Shang." She stated. "We only knew a few things about him but since I can see how much you love him, I accepted him as your lover."

"I know," Lan Shang said, hugging her. "But let me make my decision okay? Even if I regret it in the end, at least I only have myself to blame." The sage sighed but a small smile was on her lips. Her granddaughter is finally maturing.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Ya Lun grinned, remembering Lan Shang's acts and expression a while ago. It was adorable.

"You look happy." Looking in front of him, Ya Lun met Shi's observant gaze. "Prince Shi."

Shi's eyes saddened when he heard what he called him. It been days since he barged into Ya Lun's room from that point on the other kept his distance. He didn't call him by his name anymore. Shi hated it.

Thankfully, Ya Lun didn't remember anything that happened that night. It was a blessing and a punishment at the same time for Shi. "Is Lan Shang back?"

"She's with the Mermaid Sage right now in her room."

"I see." Shi muttered. "Then can you accompany me for a while?"

Ya Lun looked at him curiously. He nodded.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Ya Lun was curious. Shi had dragged him to the beach. He was holding a bottle that contained a folded piece of paper. Looking closer, it could be seen that something was written on it.

The waves were strong but the two immortals didn't mind. It was peaceful and quiet. Shi then throw the bottle into the ocean. The two watched it drifted away from them. "Legend says that when you write your wish on a piece of paper and put it inside a bottle. Then let the ocean take it. One day it may come true," he explained. His voice full of hope, making Ya Lun look at him.

"I saw that the piece of paper has a fire symbol on it."

Shi looked down, smiling. "The wish is for a friend."

"A friend?" he repeated, His brow rose. He never really saw with anyone. Well he did interact with them and his brother but the feeling of friendship isn't there. More like he associates himself with them because he had too except for Ka Suo that is.

"Someone that I met in the mortal realm," Shi said. "She's a very arrogant and stubborn person but deep inside that is a kind-hearted soul. Sadly... we couldn't continue being one."

Ya Lun's eyes were wide. Shi didn't mention a name but he knew that he was talking about her. He quickly pulled his gaze away from him, focusing on the ocean instead. "How come?"

Shi let out a bitter smile. How come indeed? Why? He told Yan da that it was because they belong to opposite tribes but then why did he feel unsettled when he said those words? Hi heart ached when he watched her walk away from him. "For complicated reasons."

Ya Lun smirked sarcastically. Vague answer as always. "Where is she now?"

"I don't know." Shi uttered. The sadness and worry in his voice surprised Ya Lun. "I do hope though that wherever she is. She's happy."

Ya Lun's heart ached at that. He wanted to reach out and pull Shi in his arms but didn't. He couldn't let him know that he's Yan Da. "I'm sure that she is." He just said, comforting the prince beside him a bit.