Change of Heart

"Mate?" Li Luo asked. "A wife?"

"Sort of but something more than that," Ya Lun said, smiling. "A mate is someone that would be marked by me as mine for eternity. Not only will I be bonded with her (/him) in this lifetime but to our next lives too and the next ones. My soul would be one with that person, connecting our minds and our hearts. Letting us feel each other's emotions and communicate with each other through our minds."

Li Luo listened to him. Fascinated. "That seems complicated and beautiful at the same time."

"Painful too. Not to mention a headache." He said. She gave him a questioning look. "The thing that happened to me once in a while. It's caused by me not having a mate. It'll only worsen as times pass by."

"The fainting. The irregular heartbeat ..." Li Luo stated, looking at him with worry. He nodded. She gasped, holding him tight. That surprised him but he let her. It was comforting.

Unknown to both two jealous gaze were fixed on them. One was bitter because he knew that he wouldn't be able to hold Ya Lun like that. The other's eyes were raging, she already lost her first love to Li Luo. Would she lose Ya Lun to her too? She clenched her fist. This time she wouldn't back down. She could let Ka Suo go but not Ya Lun.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

After his talk with Li Luo, he went somewhere quiet. He needed to ponder on things and decide. Sitting down, he began to analyze and think. After an hour, he made his decision. One is that he'd choose someone as his female mate already and set aside taking a male mate yet. At least, he would have someone of his own choice rather than losing control and taking someone he'd regret later. Two, he'd need to do it as soon as possible.

Night...

His muscles were aching so he decided to go to the nearest hot spring from the ice kingdom. He sighed in relief when the warm water worked its magic. People rarely go in there so the place was quiet.

He was in there for ten minutes when he heard a splash behind the rock his in. His eyes snapped open at the disturbance. His brows furrowed. Silently, asking to who it was?

His questions were quickly answered though when the smoke cleared revealing Lan Shang. The two looked at each other in shock before reality set back in, making them both look away.

"W-what are you doing here?" Ya Lun asked. He's not new to the female body but for some reason this situation makes him uncomfortable.

"T-this is my usual bathing place..." Lan Shang stuttered. Hands crossed on her chest. She could feel her heart beat fast. So fast and loud that she's afraid he was going to hear it even from their distance.

Suddenly, Ya Lun feel his body pulsed. He gasped, feeling his heart race. Hearing his pained sound, Lan Shang went to him ignoring their state.

"Ya Lun!?" She quickly supported him when his body fell forward. Ya Lun groaned when he felt her soft skin on him. This isn't good. His instincts were urging him to mate.

"L-leave." He told her, pushing her aside.

"But..."

"I said le-...!" He screamed but then stopped when he looked up and met her eyes. Fear, worry, hurt... and affection? He gulped, knowing so well how it felt like to be in her place. Like when she visited Shi... when he was Yan Da...

His eyes softened, reaching out he wiped the unshed tears in her eyes. She was surprised. She thought that he would scream and push her away completely. The gentle act wasn't expected, making her yearn for more.

Feeling bold, she reached up, cupping his hand that was on her cheek. She'd always been timid even with Ka Suo. Maybe that's why she didn't win his affections. Gently, she held it. Her eyes on his. She then slowly moved forward.

Ya Lun didn't move. He just let her. When she was close enough, she used her other hand to trace his jaw, staring at his lips longingly. She had never felt a desire so strong. This is the first time.

She gasped in surprise when he moved, sealing their lips together.